About the Manitoba Geocaching Association
The Manitoba Geocaching Association Inc. (MBGA) strives to advance the sport of geocaching in the Province of Manitoba by encouraging fellowship amongst Manitoba geocachers through regular social activities; fostering geocaching etiquette and responsible stewardship of our public lands; raising public awareness and understanding of geocaching through effective use of media relations; ensuring access to public lands for geocaching activities by working as a liaison with public land-use agencies; and promoting geocaching as a worthwhile family-oriented outdoor activity.
MembershipMembership is free and you can sign up here. Members are free to post in the forums and add pictures to the photo gallery. Manitoba teams are tracked on our milestone and top 10 lists. There are currently 1619 registered teams, 1386 are Manitoba residents with recent visits (within the last year) from 335 registered teams of which 279 are Manitoba teams
BenefitsThe association regularly holds events and contests for members to meet and participate in geocaching and is a central gathering point for discussions.
Members are invited to join our mailing list to be notified of upcoming meetings, events and other topics. Everyone is also welcome to browse the forums for current topics of interest or stop by the chat room for some friendly bantering.
Current Board of Directors
- President: Mike Neale (glacier_ice)
- Vice-President: Andrew Teeluck (SiaFhir)
- Treasurer: Tony Silva (Yogi®)
- Secretary: Stacy Bosak (GroovyPinkSocks)
- Training Coordinator: Sandy Welbergen (swelbergen)
- Tech and Statistics Coordinator: Josh Bernier (Stonagal)
- Merchandise Coordinator: Stacy Bosak (GroovyPinkSocks)
- Volunteer Coordinator: Tony Silva (Yogi®)
- Social Media Coordinator: Mike Neale (glacier_ice)
- Events Co-coordinator: Andrew Teeluck (SiaFhir)
- Events Co-coordinator: Loida O'Keeffe (okeeffek)