- Winnipeg: Journey Through Time (Zoo Event)Sat Oct 29 9:30am (7 days)
- Winnipeg: GIFF 2016: Story Worthy Moments - MB EditionSat Nov 5 6:00pm (14 days)
- Winnipeg: MBGA geocachare älskar frukost händelserSat Nov 19 9:30am (28 days)
The South Eastman GPS Treasure Hunt Challenge was an initiative of Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives(MAFRI) to bring people out to this rural area and experience the sights and great attractions in this part of our province – we hope you will visit again! For more information on other GPS initiatives being planned by MAFRI please contact Joy Lorette @ 204-392-7268.
This challenge took place during the month of August and was a huge success! 44 teams participated by hunting for 20 caches hidden throughout the SE Manitoba. At least 12 of the teams found all 20 of the caches.
The official Parks Canada policy has been released and welcomes geocaches in designated areas of Parks Canada sites.
For more information, visit the Parks Canada Geocache page.
Some important points to remember:
- All caches have to be available from trails or other publicly accessible areas and geocachers must stick to those areas.
- Trade items are not permitted in caches.
- Geocachers must pay all regular applicable park fees.
- Geocachers who want to place a cache must meet with a Parks Canada staff person at the chosen site to obtain an authorization seal prior to placing a cache.
- The cache container must be watertight, made of material that will withstand natural elements, as small as possible, neutral-coloured and has never been used for food.
- The Cache Information Form available on the Parks Canada web site must be filled out and submitted to Parks Canada Staff.
Thanks to all Manitoba Geocachers on a successful spring of hiding 170 great new Splashy caches and all the enjoyable finds over the summer.
The final totals are in and the top hiders are OHMIC with 86 points, Granny Lois with 80 points and junglehair with 46 points. Lagavulin had a perfect guess of the number splash caches, while slippery_1 hid the largest cache. OHMIC's Splashen Sie Deutsch? was voted the best splash cache name, while Lizardo's CSI:Winnipeg - SPLASH! was voted the best Splash Cache.
Congrats to everyone.
Location: Jeffery’s (N49 56.729 W097 05.203)
Meeting called to order at 19:105 CDT.
Committee members present: Nick (bevro), Steven (ertyu), Peter (Peter & Gloria), Tim (TurdleEggs), Sandra (junglehair), Jacques (OHMIC), and Paula (MHz).
Committee members not present: Ray (slippery_1), Tobey (3T's&aG), Dani (dani_carriere), and Sean (Dragonfreys).
Members present: Brian (grnbrg).