Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Northern Geocachers Coffee Day Event.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slippery_1

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Northern Geocachers Coffee Day Event. Reply with quote

Northern Geocachers Coffee Day Caching Outing

Saturday, July 8, 2006

Meet at The Dutch Drive Inn, The Pas

N- 53 48.399 W- 101 15.083

Time 2:00 PM (1400 hours)

(Cancelled if raining.)

Coffee, ice cream, soft drinks etc. bring your kids and enjoy, meet other cachers for an afternoon of fun and caching. No fees or dues are taken, so you will be required to purchase your own refreshments.

Cache maps will be given as you arrive. We will meet and then make plans how we will attack these caches. Bring a friend and share with them this activity.

This the first ever caching event held in The Pas.

If you want to hide a cache prior please submit your cache coordinates at the meet so everyone will have time to record this. Each cacher will be responsible to police there own caches hidden unless they plan on submitting them to Geocaching.com as a permanent cache.

If you know more cachers please send them a copy of this and invite them to come and cache with us.

So if you are in the area come out and join us and meet other geocachers in the North. If you are new to geocaching help is available to assist you in this event.

Good Luck, we hope to see cachers come out and join us.

slippery_1

slippery_1

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Media Attended Reply with quote

Wow, we must be doing something right, the local newspaper sent a reporter to cover our small meet and greet.

On Thursday I took a couple of newspaper employees out on their lunch break and showed them the art of geocaching. They on their own found one of my caches with my supervision so they would not accidently give it away to the public.

They then went back and sent a reporter to cover our caching here on Saturday.

This young fellow then took my GPS and I allowed him to go and find an easy cache here just so he could experience the hunt as well...think I converted him to a cacher as well...grins.

Now all we have to do is wait and see what he write...Updates to follow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: