Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dani's Quest for 2006

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dani_carriere

PostPosted: Aug 03, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Dani's Quest for 2006 Reply with quote

As most of you know, I am the slowest geocacher on the planet.  I'm at 94 finds after only 4ish years of caching.

My goal for the year was to get all caches (less than 4 x 4) within 5kms of my house.  I was doing pretty good until the last few weeks when 20 more caches had been placed.    My fault I guess for living so close to city centre.  I now have approx. 40 caches to find in next 4.5 months.   To me, that's a major undertaking. (figuring that I'm averaging only 2 caches per month.) 

Woe be unto the geocacher who dares place caches within the radius of my quest before the end of the year (uhm ... maybe I shouldn't have said that ... some may take it as a challenge).

Thank God the Fringe is over!  Hopefully I'll have some time now.

If anyone is up for some caching on the long weekend in the north-central part of the city, let me know, and I'll give you my list of ones I still need to hit.  Maybe we can do them together.

bevro

PostPosted: Aug 03, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: RE: Dani's Quest for 2006 Reply with quote

An admirable goal!  I would join you but this weekend I am off to McCreary for a family reunion.  If you ever want a partner for the north end, give me a call.  Its kind of a black hole for me when it comes to caching, living down here in the southern 'burbs.  Good hunting.

spongebob_familymb

PostPosted: Aug 03, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: RE: Dani's Quest for 2006 Reply with quote

Hi Dani,

If I was not busy with wedding and visiting this weekend I would love to geocaching with you.  I will be heading home on Sunday or Monday.  Next time I come down to the city on business I will email you.

Bevro, my dh's mother is from McCreary nice farming community, have fun at the family reunion don't forget to go geocaching.

Sarah

burchil

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: RE: Dani's Quest for 2006 Reply with quote

Depends what you call the 'north end'.   I will be out to look for Conquista Del Mundo - Ukraine tomorow morning (wrong side of the river?).  I might have some time later in August if you are still looking I have at least the following caches to go and find St. John's Park, Reopening soon, Whoa up there Horsey,   Care Bear's Sister's 1st Park, Full, Time or 12 Pay, Fife and NO Drum.  I might have to catch a ride since your transport might be a bit faster than mine

dani_carriere

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: RE: Dani's Quest for 2006 Reply with quote

OK, did come caching on Sunday ... progress so far:

Starting count: 42 caches

Found on Sunday: 7

Remaining: 35 caches

dani_carriere

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: RE: Dani's Quest for 2006 Reply with quote

Hi Burchill!  Whoops! I didn't see this on time!  I think the only one from your list that I haven't done is St. John's.

We should have a caching night for the north end.  A lot of the evenings have been south and central.

Wagonmaker

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: RE: Dani's Quest for 2006 Reply with quote

Too bad I didn't see this earlier -- we could have gone today. Instead I semi-cached by myself, semi-successfully. Bah!

Maybe next "weekend" (Mon/Tues)

burchil

PostPosted: Aug 13, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: RE: Dani's Quest for 2006 Reply with quote

A north end round would be fun and helpful for me - sorry about last weekend and not getting back to you but when they lifted the backcountry ban for eastern Manitoba I was out the door . Just got back from a great week out in the great out doors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: