Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Casual Gathering!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThreeTs

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Casual Gathering! Reply with quote

On Friday October 20th, everyone is invited to come out and join us at Jeffries on Henderson (co-ords to follow soon) at 8:30 pm to vist with our cacher of the north, slippery_1. He's in town that week and I've spoken with him about a casual gathering so we can all visit. There is no caching planned for this event but anybody who is interested in perhaps caching with slippery while he is in town, please contact him.

More information, including co-ords, to follow. Hope everyone can come out and wish slippery well!

TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: RE: Casual Gathering! Reply with quote

Slippery’s coming to town! Slippery’s coming to town! This is better then Christmas :) I’ll be there.

ThreeTs

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: RE: Casual Gathering! Reply with quote

Co-ordinates as promised!

N49 56.729 W097 05.203

See you there!

Peter and Gloria

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: RE: Casual Gathering! Reply with quote

Please note:

There is an Executive Only Meeting until 8:30, so please don't arrive too early.

slippery_1

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: RE: Casual Gathering! Reply with quote

TurdleEggs wrote:

Slippery’s coming to town! Slippery’s coming to town! This is better then Christmas :) I’ll be there.

Bring my socks full of Dani's coins, and hopefully the Ont Coins as well. Knows Timmy ain't been good so see about a lump of coal for you dude....grins

Kabuthunk

PostPosted: Oct 09, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: RE: Casual Gathering! Reply with quote

I'll see what I can do to head over there.  Depends on how my work schedule treats me though (which isn't published too far in advance).  Also... I'm pretty thoroughly the type of guy who's way too shy to meet people, so that may play a part too.  We'll see how brave I'm feeling too :P

Kabuthunk

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: RE: Casual Gathering! Reply with quote

*dang being unable to edit my previous post for some reason. Must be because it's posted a while ago*

In either case... I be working that day in the evening (as in, getting home sometime after 10:00pm), so that pretty much destroys my choice of attempting to not be shy. Still debatable whether I would have worked up the nerve to come or not, but looks like work decided to make that decision for me

slippery_1

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: RE: Casual Gathering! Reply with quote

Thats too bad, would have been nice to meeet with you. Although don't fret there will be other ssocial gatherings I am sure...an if there aren't well I'll be traveling a bit this winter so we can hook up during on of my over night trips there...

junglehair

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: RE: Casual Gathering! Reply with quote

I should be able to make it out to this mini-event.  You do realize it's the same night as the Flatlander's Beer Festival don't you?  Hmm, Slippery or beer - tough choice.  Good thing the beerfest is taking place on Thursday as well.

See you there!

bevro

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: RE: Casual Gathering! Reply with quote

Alas, Slippery, geosocial gatherings are not meant to be for me this fall .  I had every intention of meeting with everyone but pressing family matters in SK that must be attended to popped up.  I'll check in on your Brandon sites on the way home.  Have fun anyway.

slippery_1

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: RE: Casual Gathering! Reply with quote

junglehair wrote:

I should be able to make it out to this mini-event.  You do realize it's the same night as the Flatlander's Beer Festival don't you?  Hmm, Slippery or beer - tough choice.  Good thing the beerfest is taking place on Thursday as well.

See you there!

slippery<--> beerfest..slippery <-->beerfest...why choose...invite him and he may come, but a guy has to eat...grins

By the way my son is looking forward to the supper as well.

Cache and Cary

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: RE: Casual Gathering! Reply with quote

Sounds possible.

Address for "Jeffreys Restaurant & Catering" is 1420 Henderson Hwy - BTW

-- Edited by cache and cary at 07:59, 2006-10-18

slippery_1

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: RE: Casual Gathering! Reply with quote

For a Friday night I was so happy to see all my friends show up and ,"watch me and Iggie eat our supper."

It is always a complete pleasure to come here and share with you all caching stories and hear you all share yours in return.

Turdleggs I am so sorry I completely forgot your share of coal. I owe you now...so Guess we shall see what you may get for christmas now...sly grins...see if grnbrg can make a coal cache just for you if I supply him the coal.

Oh ya...I seem to have forgotten my highlight of the night...I got a junglehair coin...whoop whoop! Does this mean I have now arrived?

unfortunately parental duties caled me away before we could have realy gotten into an evening of stories, which I am sure ertyu would have revelled at taking more notes to use against me later.

Thanks again everyone for showing up and making the evening so enjoyable...perhaps chargerdad can show up next time,

I hope next time I can just take one day to just cache...we shall see...

Anyways hopefully I will be back soon to do just that...ttyl.

Before I forget...as of Saturday night I am at 74, for turdleggs benifit before he asks.

-- Edited by slippery_1 at 17:58, 2006-10-21

Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: RE: Casual Gathering! Reply with quote

You look younger than 74 to me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: