Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your Caching Name
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdnwpgr

PostPosted: Sep 25, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: RE: Your Caching Name Reply with quote

Well you see, mine is pretty darn easy to figure out... I am Canadian, CDN, and I'm a Winnipegger, WPGR, put them together and you get CDNWPGR, I am obviously not as original as some of you, but its my screen name for pretty much everything and its never taken. :)

TASKForce3

PostPosted: Nov 19, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: RE: Your Caching Name Reply with quote

My name starts with a T. My older daughter's name starts with an A. My younger daughter's name starts with an S. Our last name starts with a K. Put it all together and whaddaya got? TASK.

There are three of us so we tacked on a 3 at the end. TASK3 seemed boring, so we landed on TASKForce3. We are hoping to make geocaching one of our main outdoor family activities. It looks like you folks have placed a whole whack of caches out there, so we'll have plenty of things to do now when we are out and about. Thanks for the cache.

Kabuthunk

PostPosted: Nov 20, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: RE: Your Caching Name Reply with quote

Well... I can give the "short" explanation of my name.  Don't even get me started on the "long" :P

But... the "Kabu" portion comes from Kabutops... my favourite type of Pokemon (yes, I'm a nerd, leave me be :P).  The "Thunk" is a loud, dull sound.  I've just always used "Thunk", or some derivative thereof in any video game or whatnot I ever play (ie: "Thud", if only four letters are allowed).  Hence... virtually any name of mine involves the word "Thunk".

ohmic

PostPosted: Jan 12, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: RE: Your Caching Name Reply with quote

Named after the location of my first caches in March 2003 as well as my workplace. OHMIC - Oak Hammock Marsh Interpretive Centre.

milesmac

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: RE: Your Caching Name Reply with quote

nothing too creative here... miles is my first name; macfarlane is the last name. milesmac. in most online things that i do i go by Lagavulin which is my favourite single malt scotch.

cheers
m

the wanderers

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: RE: Your Caching Name Reply with quote

Greetings all! Our name came from the fact that any spare time my wife and I have we tend to spend traversing this wonderful country of ours, The wanderers seemed to fit like a glove.

Oldson

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: RE: Your Caching Name Reply with quote

Oldson is a name that many of us were commonly referred to by an old English miner in the underground Potash mine where I work.  He's been retired for years, the name has stuck.

the wanderers

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: RE: Your Caching Name Reply with quote

the wanderers wrote:

Greetings all! Our name came from the fact that any spare time my wife and I have we tend to spend traversing this wonderful country of ours, The wanderers seemed to fit like a glove.

"the destination is not as important as the journey it takes to reach it"

migoyin

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: RE: Your Caching Name Reply with quote

Migo and Yin are a couple, and both enjoy geocaching together... therefore... migoyin. :) I originally signed on as migo.araneta but my gf enjoyed geocaching so much that we're now a dynamic duo of caching doom.

Tromelin

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short explanation: Tromelin is a very small unhabited island 350 km east of Madagascar. I found it while looking at a globe looking for names. Gives all sort of exploration ideas.

Long explanation: The reason I was looking was for a D&D character name. When I needed a geocacher name, my sister (of Troop6) insisted I take it. While we hadn't played in years, Tromelin was a colorful character whose main motivation was to find a path to Valinor and was disgruntled with the pale D&D world in comparaison (this was way before the LOTR frenzy). SO the need to explore, the character's love for nature, I figured it would be a good geocaching name. Also explains the flavour of some of my caches.
eg50

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the name "evergreen" on another site. Was looking for a new nick one day and saw an evergreen tree as I looked out my window. So I used that. Unfortunately evergreen was already taken here. I have been called eg for short on the other site so I went with that. And the 50, well I just had a birthday in August.
SKIL101

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a family activity for us so my wife thought why not use the first initials of our names.

My wife, S. My son, K. My daughter, I. and Me L. SKIL

As for the number it's our address.

Right now we're busy hunting for caches in our neighborhood. Hopefully in the near future we will start hiding our own caches. Thanks for all the great hunts out there. Smile
sean and widget

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let see the name Sean and Widget......When I started Caching was not too sure if my GF was going to get into the Caching so thought need some one so I took my name Sean and My Cats name Widget..The rest you see..... Smile

LOL to the spelling error that I made.

Last edited by sean and widget on Sep 11, 2008 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'reset' we see?

Glacier_ice is a more recent development of just Glacier. Glacier goes way back to the early to mid 90's just before the big Internet explosion and we still have BBS systems. I joined a new BBS and my usual nick was already taken. So I needed a new nick. Glacier it was.

That nick continued into the internet, stayed with me safely through some online gaming and then (darn it) when I moved to Shaw, 'glacier' was taken! The horror of it! So I added the 'ice' so I could keep using Glacier. Oh, and Hotmail and Yahoo... Glacier was also taken.

THEN along comes Geocaching... how DARE someone take 'Glacier'! So, back to the Glacier_ice.

So feel free to call me Glacier, it was really my preferred nick anyways so I won't be offended. LOL (And then there are those who call me Brian... a recent nick I've some how acquired. More specifically, 'Red Shirt Brian')
Butterfly

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name has been Butterfly anywhere I go online, and has been the name some friends call me for a few years now. It began with this man, and his song in 2004. He is a very favorite artist/singer/songwriter of mine, hailing from the beautiful Cape Breton, Nova Scotia...a place after me own heart it is! Wink

Mr. Jimmy Rankin... "Butterfly"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlkBm0ck0ig&feature=related

He inspires me so. And I added the * * to my name simply because they looked like little butterflies, and because the name was already being used on the geo site!

I know some may think the name is suitable for me, being that I am a bit flighty! Smile So if the wings fit, wear 'em, right? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: