Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question? Ammo Can Wanted
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Question? Ammo Can Wanted Reply with quote

Looking once again for the biggest ammo can I can find in Winnipeg. Has anybody seen them for sale at Princess Auto lately or anywhere else for a reasonable price? I need to know by this Tuesday since I'm making a run to the city. Last time I paid 8-9 bucks. Help!?

TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: RE: Question? Ammo Can Wanted Reply with quote

A big ammo can? Army Surplus has a wide variety - the big ones aren't $10 though. They're hidden around a corner in the back by the surplus clothing. Princess Auto just has the regular sized ones. Army Surplus and Princess Auto don't always advertise when they’re clearing ammo boxes out so I'm not sure if you'll find a deal right now or not.

Peter and Gloria

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: RE: Question? Ammo Can Wanted Reply with quote

No sales at Princess Auto right now, but I found that thier Ammo Boxes we much better quality than Army Surplus. They have two listed in thier catalog.

AMMO BOX

All metal construction

with waterproof rubber

gasket seal. Makes a great tool box

3480009 – Wt. 5.3 lbs. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $12.99

AMMO BOX

Heavy duty steel army

surplus ammo box.

Makes a great toolbox

or storage container.

O’all dim.: 11-3/4" x 6-1/4" x 7-1/4"

8023569 – Wt. 5.7 lbs. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $12.99

-- Edited by Peter and Gloria at 10:14, 2006-01-16

1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: RE: Question? Ammo Can Wanted Reply with quote

Thank you to both of you. I'll be off to Winnipeg if and when the snow settles down! Goodness here comes a taste of winter.

ertyu

PostPosted: Sep 28, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: RE: Question? Ammo Can Wanted Reply with quote

Pricess Auto has good quality 50 cal (larger) ammo cans for $9. Saw this at the regent location. Don't know about the other or the length of the sale. Probably Oct 1

Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Sep 28, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: RE: Question? Ammo Can Wanted Reply with quote

We've been buying 50 cal ammo cans in excellent condition for $10 from Westbourne Army Surplus. The guy has shipping containers full of cans. He was trying to sell us some that were big enough to hide a body in, but they weren't waterproof. He's quite the character and owns half the land in Westbourne with quite the collection of Army surplus items ranging from the useful to bizarre. Its worth a tour of town if you are by that way (about halfway between Portage and Gladstone along Highway 16). He wasn't sure how late in the season he was going to stay open because he was planning a buying trip down in Vegas for a couple months this winter.

N50°07.697' W98°34.991' are the ballpark coordinates for the store, but you can't really miss it from the highway, unless you are distracted by tank turrets or lifeboats or ..... whatever.

Hope this helps

Ztirnats

PostPosted: Sep 28, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: RE: Question? Ammo Can Wanted Reply with quote

The current sale goes to October 17th.  The next sale starts then, things for geocachers to watch for in that one are:

2 packs of rectangular ceramic magnets  reg 2.99 now 1.49  (Now if skaven can only find larger film canisters)

For those really big micros  a 150 Lb handle magnet  reg 24.99 now 14.99  (Or you could stand 15 feet away and suck those magentic ones to you)

15 ft extension handle, just waiting for your tool to be attached to the end.  Lightweight now 9.99

8 oz plastic containers (new screw on lid large medicine type bottle)  .49

Finger light (an LED that fits on your fingertip - NEW)  2.49  (Good for nasty gnome hides)

7" shake led flashlight (no batteries req'd)  4.44  (limit 2)

Doesn't look like any ammo cans in this one.

grnbrg

PostPosted: Sep 28, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: RE: Question? Ammo Can Wanted Reply with quote

ztirnats wrote:

The current sale goes to October 17th.  The next sale starts then, things for geocachers to watch for in that one are:

15 ft extension handle, just waiting for your tool to be attached to the end.  Lightweight now 9.99

I think I get email every day advertising one of these....

7" shake led flashlight (no batteries req'd)  4.44  (limit 2)

I've tried these. They suck. You can get a cheap LED light the size of an AA battery at Safeway for $3 that is brighter. Best Buy has a 1 Watt lithium powered LED light by Dorcy that is nice. I've also seen this light at Future Shop and the new Sports Warehouse (?) store on St. James. You can never have too many flashlights!

grnbrg
Ztirnats

PostPosted: Sep 28, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: RE: Question? Ammo Can Wanted Reply with quote

You mean I need a flashlight?

Not

http://www.nightvisionoptics.com/dip2mvnigvis.html

ChargerDad

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: RE: Question? Ammo Can Wanted Reply with quote

The last time I was at Princess Auto (Portage West), they had the GIANT ammo cans up on a shelf at the back of the store. I think they were selling for about $35. Indeed, they can easily fit a small person inside.

I cleaned them out of the 'regular' .50 cal boxes. They only had 3 left at the time.

I'm interested in this Westbourne place now.......may have to take a drive out there.

ChargerDad

ertyu

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: RE: Question? Ammo Can Wanted Reply with quote

The regent location had lots of 50 cal boxes when I was there this week. All in good condition, no rust, not bent, the seal still looked like rubber :)

TheStuntman

PostPosted: Oct 01, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: RE: Question? Ammo Can Wanted Reply with quote

Ammo cans are advertised on sale at Princess Auto Oct 3rd to 15th for $8.99  Check the surplus section. 

Also note that this is a great place to buy your FTF prizes. You know the kind guys like us like. Flash lights, key chains, tools, drill presses ect...

TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Oct 01, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: RE: Question? Ammo Can Wanted Reply with quote

Hey Stuntman, another good place to pick up those power tools guys like so much is Welcome to the Swamp! It's just a short paddle and parking's not a problem.

FoodNinja

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: RE: Question? Ammo Can Wanted Reply with quote

walmart sells a camo box in sporting goods for 14.97 .. just like an amo can but camo-fied... If it  says water resistant.. , the welcome to the swamp tools just need new plugs and they are good to go.. I wish I knew at the time I would have brought a duplicate drill and traded for the saw..

slippery_1

PostPosted: Oct 04, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: RE: Question? Ammo Can Wanted Reply with quote

I have eight ammo can for sale....$9.00 a piece....anyone want a slice of this pie?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: