Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fav. travel bugs!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pink_panther

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Fav. travel bugs! Reply with quote

I have only come across one travel bug so far, but it was realy fun to take with me somewhere. It was called PilgerNe 2 and I took it 311 miles SW. It was rewarding to know that you are helping it on it's journey. PilgerNe 2 is currently in California! Now I am going to try to move as many travel bugs as I can.

TheStuntman

PostPosted: Mar 09, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: RE: Fav. travel bugs! Reply with quote

Pink panther make sure that you read the goal of the travel bug before moving it . Some want to go north and south while others want to go east west or overseas. I've read that one bug wanted only to visit people named Williams. But have fun with those bugs.

Peter and Gloria

PostPosted: May 15, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: RE: Fav. travel bugs! Reply with quote

The most interesting TB that we ever found was Gregory.  http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=14094

He's from Australia, has traveled over 18,000 miles so far and he has his own diary that has to be filled out. Map: http://www.geocaching.com/map/bugtrack.asp?tid=14094

The strangest travel bug that we've heard about is Cindy (The Cinderblock) http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=27797

polarbeardiggers

PostPosted: May 15, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: RE: Fav. travel bugs! Reply with quote

i will agree with peter ,our favorite tb would also be gregory,it was really cool to be apart of its travels and remain a small part of its history,we had rescued him three times,before he traveled to florida, with skavens help,

TheStuntman

PostPosted: May 22, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: RE: Fav. travel bugs! Reply with quote

I honestly can't say I've been following the travel bugs closely.  I do have a story about a slow start to a travel bug. I was doing a cache called Bois des-esprit by FilEd. As I was pulling out the dog tag of the Mini Me travel bug, I only ended up with the tag. Thinking that the travel bug itself was lost or muggled I contacted the owner. That's when I found out that there was never anything attached to the tag to begin with. With permission from the tag owner I attached a hotwheels air plane (coincidently the first item traded to the new cache by Polarbeardiggers) to the dog tag.  I only hope the nickname I added will continue with the new travel bug. Mini Me Reno Racer. As of May 20/05 it was last seen headed east in Wonderland 1 The Rabbit Hole. This will be the bug  I will be keeping my eyes on.  The-Stuntman 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Trackables Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: