Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Travel Bug Graveyard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lizardo

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Travel Bug Graveyard Reply with quote

If you have suffered the loss of a travel bug and are not satisfied with its spirit floating around in Travel Bug Pergutory, you can place it in the Travel Bug Graveyard (GC72A8)

Most of you experienced cachers may know of this or another resting place for your deceased travel bugs.  This one is (virtually, of course) located in Kansas.  Although the coordinates place it somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.  Feel free to suggest other suitable locations as well.

Lizardo

junglehair

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: RE: Travel Bug Graveyard Reply with quote

Now that GC added the feature that you can just mark a Travelbug as missing, I use that option rather than one of the TB graveyards.

Peter and Gloria

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: RE: Travel Bug Graveyard Reply with quote

There are several TB Greveyards. The drawback of using a "Graveyard" is that if your TB ever shows up again, the mileage will be screwed up.

The "Mark Bug as Missing" feature does not affect TB mileage. Also this feature can also be used by a cache owner to "remove" missing TBs from  a cache.

lizardo

PostPosted: Feb 17, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: RE: Travel Bug Graveyard Reply with quote

Both very good points.  I just liked the idea of a "final resting place".  Perhaps I should reassess my relationship with these things! 

/needs therapy

//soon

1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Mar 07, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: RE: Travel Bug Graveyard Reply with quote

As far as TB's go, I believe in nine lives like a cat! I refuse to give up on them if they are stolen or go missing. I plan to use the copy tag and send em out again...Or make a different metal tag. We own the number so just keep going... Why bury them at all? Attach a new toy to the same number and let it go again...We have one deliberately physically stolen right now so I'll wait a bit to see if the cacher will return him to the game - if not - I'll release a new one. Another TB has been held by a MIA cacher who never visits the site anymore so I presume it is lost or the kids just love it too much...

Team Machodoc

PostPosted: Mar 24, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: RE: Travel Bug Graveyard Reply with quote

If anyone here knows how to get in touch with "Skaven," would you please ask him to contact us or reply to our e-mail? He appears to have been the last one to pick up my son's TB "Miz Dem" out of the Christmas cache--just before it was muggled--but it never has been logged in, and we can't get a response to our attempts to contact him.  His e-mail has probably changed from what's posted on his profile.  Thanks!! Team Machodoc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Trackables Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: