Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Great Canadian TB Race 2006
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MHz

PostPosted: Nov 17, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: The Great Canadian TB Race 2006 Reply with quote

Anyone else in Winnipeg interested in entering the Great Canadian TB Race 2006?

I'm working on a new TB to enter into the race and thought I'd see if anyone wanted to race against me. I'd be willing to gather up the TB's and send them off to Utsman in January.

The Race begins in March 2006.

The Great Canadian TB Race 2006

MHz

-- Edited by MHz at 09:57, 2005-11-17

ertyu

PostPosted: Nov 17, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: RE: The Great Canadian TB Race 2006 Reply with quote

I'm trying to track down my racer from 2004.

Perhaps we can bulk buy some new tags for racers.

MHz

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: RE: The Great Canadian TB Race 2006 Reply with quote

ertyu wrote:

I'm trying to track down my racer from 2004.

Yes ustman mentions something about special concesions for racers from the 2004 race as it doesn't seem any prizes were awarded as no TB made 10 provinces/Territories in the alotted time for the race.

I did move one racer "Screech" from the 2004 race from Speedy Creek to Winnipeg but at that time the race was over even though Screech TB was the only one to make it to Manitoba. Personally, if no TB's have made it in the alooted time, I think they should extend the race until the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes can be awarded. MHz

-- Edited by MHz at 11:07, 2005-11-18

ertyu

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: RE: The Great Canadian TB Race 2006 Reply with quote

The race organizer disappeared for a while and the website stopped updating, there were never any prizes organized and the whole thing just fell apart.

I did help Perpendicular Migration and Little Quad from the 2003 get into Ontario. Perpendicular Migration got 3rd as a result and the owner sent me a TB from his prize loot which ended up becoming my 2004 racer which disappeared in Ontario this year....

junglehair

PostPosted: Nov 24, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: RE: The Great Canadian TB Race 2006 Reply with quote

My travelbug "Smokey" actually won the 2003 Great Canadian Travelbug race.  It was a toy Fire Truck from New York.  It didn't make all 10 provinces/territories in the allotted time, but it was the only one to hit 7 provinces.  I actually had that travelbug come back to me as someone brought it to an event I attended in Hamilton, ON (after the race).  I then moved it to Winnipeg myself on my next visit, and it subsequently disappeared when MI's Go Fly a Kite cache went missing.

It was kind of funny, because my brother (Marvin_From_Mars) placed second in that race with his East Bound and Down travelbug (a toy semi).

I won an El Diablo Hiking Staff for placing first and it's still one of my prized possessions.  I had them customize it slightly for me to add my junglehair stamp and a canadian flag, as well as having my caching name put on there.

TheStuntman

PostPosted: Nov 24, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: RE: The Great Canadian TB Race 2006 Reply with quote

What does it take to get in the race besides a travel bug?

Also where is the start and destination?

Is there a link with more info?

ertyu

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: RE: The Great Canadian TB Race 2006 Reply with quote

Just need a TB and to get it to the starting point. Link is in MHz's first post. Starting point looks like its Ontario.

On a sidenote, I found my 2004 racer, it was sitting in someones backpack.

MHz

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: RE: The Great Canadian TB Race 2006 Reply with quote

TheStuntman wrote:

What does it take to get in the race besides a travel bug?

Also where is the start and destination?

Is there a link with more info?

It starts in Barrie, Ontario in March, 2006 but the starting cache does not count as an Ontario cache in the race.

The TB goal is to visit as many Provinces and territores as possible before the end of the race in November.

For more info see here:

http://www.geocities.com/hikingfreak2003/tbrace06.htm

MHz

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: RE: The Great Canadian TB Race 2006 Reply with quote

ertyu wrote:

On a sidenote, I found my 2004 racer, it was sitting in someones backpack.

Alright! A TB comes back from the unkown! I've already lost a couple but I guess that proves they may turn up eventually! Are you racing this year ertyu?

ertyu

PostPosted: Nov 26, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: RE: The Great Canadian TB Race 2006 Reply with quote

Ya, I'll dig up something for a new bug.

Anyone interesting in a bulk buy of new TB Tags?

MHz

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: RE: The Great Canadian TB Race 2006 Reply with quote

If your still deciding or have decided to enter the race, check out your competition!

Meet Tear Around TB:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=115089

MHz

-- Edited by MHz at 17:39, 2005-11-29

MHz

PostPosted: Dec 05, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: RE: The Great Canadian TB Race 2006 Reply with quote

I have contacted Utsman and let him know my plans for the new year and he says that he's heard from several groups who are also mass mailing TB's to him. Looks like there certainly will be some pretty good compeition this time round.

As for TB tags, I used my last one for Tear Around TB but I suspect I will be getting some for xmas. If I don't, I'd be happy to order a bunch. MHz

MHz

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: RE: The Great Canadian TB Race 2006 Reply with quote

Just to let people know if they have thier Race TB's ready to go, I will be happy to pick them up at the Winter Soiree. Please do not drop your bugs on The Winter Soiree page as the logs need to be clean for the race. Once I've collected all TB's, I will mail them off to Utsman and I'm sure he will be in contact with you all as to where they need to be dropped or handed off to him. Don't foreget to register your TB with Utsman via the Race page! Thanks!

Paula

ertyu

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: RE: The Great Canadian TB Race 2006 Reply with quote

I've got a bug for the race now, so I'll try and make sure I get it to you.

TheStuntman

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: RE: The Great Canadian TB Race 2006 Reply with quote

Just recieved my tags in the mail. I will also have a bug for you to enter tha race. See you at the soiree.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Trackables Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: