Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question? Ammo Can Wanted
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bevro

PostPosted: Nov 02, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: RE: Question? Ammo Can Wanted Reply with quote

I had some time to kill today between calls up in Saskatoon so stopped in at the local army surplus store on Idlewyld Dr.

Small ammo cans = $8.00

Large ammo cans = $12.00

Taxes extra (5 & 6%).  Cans are almost NEW!!!  I picked up two small ones before heading down to Regina.  They have oodles of 'em.  If anyone is interested, I'll take orders for the next time I'm up here.

candaceandwill

PostPosted: Dec 08, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: RE: Question? Ammo Can Wanted Reply with quote

Princess Auto on Portage Ave. has some 'new' Ammo cans for $7.99.  They are smaller ones, but ideal in my mind for a cache.  In case you didn't know where to look, they are at the back of the store on the far right. 

They also have some crazy huge ammo cans you could hide a body in - if you were into that sorta thing.

DISCLAIMER: Beverage is not available at Princess Auto. 

-- Edited by candaceandwill at 17:17, 2006-12-08

MuStash

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: RE: Question? Ammo Can Wanted Reply with quote

Dropped in at Princess Auto on Portage Ave. tonight. They have a special on the 4 inch wide ammo boxes at $6.99. These boxes are beside the cashier which is closest to the surplus section. (The regular 6 inch wide ones at the back of the store are $14.99). 

Cache and Cary

PostPosted: Feb 07, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Does WestBurn still have that Army Surplus place. Reply with quote

Many years ago, I drove out West to Westburne Manitoba to visit their Army Surplus place that had these very large ammo boxes 2.5' x 10" x 12" that was like 20$. It held larger ammunition.

I use it for my non perishables when I go camping because a bear would have a hell of a time getting it open.

Problem is that it has "drain holes" built into it, so it's not waterproof.

So if Westburne Army Surplus is still in business, you can always go there.
dani_carriere

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know you're obsessing too much about geocaching, when you have a dream about ammo cans. And not just *any* ammo cans, small ones ... ones that are 3"x3" at the opening and about 4" deep and have holes in the bottoms ... so not *real* ammo cans, but ones that in your dreams you say "Hey! An Ammo can! I need to take this with me" ... then you realize that when you pick it up, there are another 50 or so more to pick up with it, and you leave your grandmother's house (which was torn down 25 years ago) with an arm-load of ammo cans, that are as useful for caching as plastic green planters. Yes, obsessing a little *too* much about geocaching.
Kabuthunk

PostPosted: Feb 13, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if anyone's looked lately, but as of about 4 days ago, there's a friggin' ton of ammo cans (most in extremely good condition, a few in... lesser condition, but still damn good) at United Army Surplus on Portage and Memorial. If you're not familiar with the store, you kinda gotta go all the way to the back (past all the clothes, not the fishing side of the store), and they're around the corner there. There's at least 3, possibly 4 different sizes to choose from. Not sure of prices, but I think the smallest one is 12 bucks. Not sure of the others.
dani_carriere

PostPosted: Feb 13, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work kitty-corner to that store. If anybody wants me to pick up any, I can go at lunchtime and get them.

Just let me know the size.

FoodNinja

PostPosted: Feb 13, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walmart has a 3 pack of med sized Lock and locks on for 7.97 but the cool thing is that they are pre-coloured green... save on camo tape.

there is also blue ones... duno where you would hide those thou.
dani_carriere

PostPosted: Feb 13, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoodNinja wrote:
there is also blue ones... duno where you would hide those thou.

In a blue spruce? Wink

FoodNinja

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At rona on seargent I did see possibly the best caching container out there today, it is slightly smaller than a large ammo can, and is a lock n lock with handle. Retailing for 5.99. it has the four sided lock n lock lid with seal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: