Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Duck Mountain Caching Event Weekend

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your preferred weekend for a joint SK/MB event?
May 26th weekend
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
June 9th weekend
64%
 64%  [ 11 ]
August 4th long weekend
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
August 11th weekend
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
August 18th weekend
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

dani_carriere

PostPosted: Feb 01, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Duck Mountain Caching Event Weekend Reply with quote

Several of us have been talking about a spring/summer event in the Duck Mountains (north of RMNP, south of Swan River, East of Kamsack, SK).  It's going to be a joint event between the Saskcachers and MB Cachers. 

The location has been decided:  Madge Lake  (there are group camp areas and cabins/condos/hotel rooms available).

We now have to decide on a date.  Our options are listed in the poll.  We will be gathering the poll data until February 18th, so please respond ASAP

thanks!

Last edited by dani_carriere on Feb 04, 2007 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
dani_carriere

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: RE: Duck Mountain Caching Event Weekend Reply with quote

Only 10 votes so far ... hmmm ... remember we're only collecting the stats until Feb 18th.

Thanks!

junglehair

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: RE: Duck Mountain Caching Event Weekend Reply with quote

I like the idea of this event.  It really doesn't make much difference to me which weekend it is though.  May 26th is GeoWoodstock V though in case anyone was planning on travelling down to North Carolina to attend that.

slippery_1

PostPosted: Feb 05, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As one of the persons with a vested interest in this event, I want to invite those cachers from Swan River to participate in the planning of this event.
This can be a great opportunity to have your area showcased and for cachers from all over visit and seek out your caches...

There are several contact people you can get a hold of if you are interested, Dani, Dragonfrey's, parker2, Mr. & Mrs Northbound, and myself slippery_1.

This event will be a go regardless, so speak out folks, your voice can and should be heard.
dani_carriere

PostPosted: Feb 05, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Please re-vote from old forum Reply with quote

If you had voted in the old forum, please re-vote here. I wasn't able to transfer the votes over.

Also, in this forum, you can only have 1 vote (vs. the multiple votes in the old forum) so choose your most favoured of the weekends listed.

Slip, I'll also email a couple of the Swan River guys in case they're not monitoring the forums.

Capt.Kirk and McDee

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Duck Mountain Geocaching event Reply with quote

Took us a while to figure out how to vote but we finally found you!!! Our first choice would be the June 9 weekend, however, we are also planning our 2nd annual event cache at Gyles Park for the May long weekend which would mean two event caches within a short time. Please keep us posted!

McDee
dani_carriere

PostPosted: Feb 20, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK the votes are in ... I've combined the votes from this forum with the old forum and the votes from SK Here's what we have:

SK Votes:
* May 26th - 8 Votes
* June 9th - 5 Votes
* Aug 4th - 1 Votes
* Aug 11th - 16 Votes
* Aug 18th - 2 Votes

MB Votes:
* May 26th - 6 Votes
* June 9th - 18 Votes
* Aug 4th - 6 Votes
* Aug 11th - 3 Votes
* Aug 18th - 3 Votes

Total Votes:
* May 26th - 14 Votes
* June 9th - 23 Votes
* Aug 4th - 7 Votes
* Aug 11th - 19 Votes
* Aug 18th - 5 Votes

And the winning weekend is June 9th ...

We're still in the planning stages, so keep an eye out for the event cache!

Thanks for all your votes!

slippery_1

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Duck Mountain Geocaching event Reply with quote

Capt.Kirk and McDee wrote:
Took us a while to figure out how to vote but we finally found you!!! Our first choice would be the June 9 weekend, however, we are also planning our 2nd annual event cache at Gyles Park for the May long weekend which would mean two event caches within a short time. Please keep us posted!

McDee

I'm in for the May Long weekend event in the Norman....this year I am planning on staying for the whole show.
Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Mar 02, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the event is published:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=c5af758e-4cf8-4233-a4d8-349c74a09784

Very Happy
slippery_1

PostPosted: Mar 03, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Norman/ Sask/ Swan Event Reply with quote

Dragonfreys wrote:
Looks like the event is published:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=c5af758e-4cf8-4233-a4d8-349c74a09784

Very Happy

In preperation for the summer event, we are hosting a greet and meet event in Swan River On March 17, 2007.
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=7995e3db-c285-4153-814a-6cff1240c1f5
This is the event listing on GC.com

It would be real nice to hear from those cachers in the Swan area
dani_carriere

PostPosted: Mar 21, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're thinking of coming to the event, and staying at Duck Mountain Lodge, you may want to move fast to get your reservation. All the condos and cabins are now taken. All that's left are hotel rooms.

DML: http://www.madgelake.ca/accommodations/rates.php

Event: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=c5af758e-4cf8-4233-a4d8-349c74a09784[/url]

If you cannot get in to this establishment, the closest town is Kamsack, SK.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: