Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello all

View previous topic :: View next topic  
onecrazycanadian

PostPosted: May 21, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Hello all Reply with quote

Some of you have seen my name over the last few weeks. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm onecrazycanadian and I am the new reviewer for Manitoba and Saskatchewan. I have taken over the duties from Cache Effect as of the beginning of May, although you may still see that name pop up now and then when I'm on vacation or something. At this point in time I won't reveal my real name but suffice it to say I have been caching for few years and have a large number of finds to my credit.

Many of you may be wondering where I live and if I know anything about Manitoba. A bit of background, I grew up in the Brandon area and have spent time in all areas of the province having lived and worked in Brandon, Winnipeg, Thompson, Virden and Flin Flon. I have done a fair bit of caching in the province although I didn't start there. I have spent many great weekends exploring the lakes, rivers and forests of the province.

My main purpose in posting here is to help my self and the cachers in Manitoba. As the reviewer I am the first person to see the cache pages and have the duty of determining whether or not they meet Groundspeak guidelines for caches. I have to follow the guidelines as laid out although I do have some leeway to make a judgement call in certain circumstances. I want to establish a rapport with the members of the MBGA so they can get clarification on Groundspeak rules and policies, ask questions, get help with caches and just generally have an available source of information.

As some of you may have noticed I can usually get around to publishing a cache in fairly short order. I believe in getting caches out for the finding as soon as possible. Usually I can get around to my reviewer duties at least once a day although there may be times when I have other things on the go like everyone else.

One thing to note is that when I am reviewing a cache listing I have access to certain tools that help me determine distances and stuff. However I am still very dependent on the information that you give me in the listing. The better the information you supply the easier it is for me to review and the quicker I can publish your cache.

I welcome questions on cache issues and will do my best to deal with them in a fair and timely manner. I noticed a post by one of the members including a list from your old reviewer, Cache Effect, on the most common reasons for not publishing a cache. I am not going to repeat them here, instead I will just say that if you have any doubts about a cache you want to place, feel free to email me and ask me.

As I said above, my main focus here is to promote a positive exchange of information and well being between you, the cachers and myself, the reviewer. Hopefully I will be able to check in the forums regularly but you can always email me with questions.

Happy caching
onecrazycanadian
Volunteer Reviewer
Dragonfreys

PostPosted: May 22, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank you for being a volunteer reviewer. I'm sure it has some thankless moments and frustrations, but the rate of cache reviews and approvals you have set is very impressive and much appreciated.

Applause
Jimbo 2

PostPosted: May 29, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Thank you. Reply with quote

I have noticed that you are very prompt in publishing caches, keep up the good work!....Very Happy
Kabuthunk

PostPosted: May 29, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll third that 'fast work' comment. When I created my cache page, you had it published about 5 minutes later Razz
burchil

PostPosted: May 29, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will 'fourth' that. Thanks for the time and effort put into doing reviews and following up. I have found all of the reviewers to be great with comments and suggestions when something is not posted.
ohmic

PostPosted: May 29, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are indeed amazingly fast to publish caches.
I was doing a workshop yesterday in Warren and part of the activity was to place a cache. Not only was the cache published before the end of the workshop but it had been found already! Good job! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: