Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Amazing Car Rally

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: The Amazing Car Rally Reply with quote

Hello everyone.

After I let slip in an interview with Shaw TV today that I've incorporated some elements of geocaching (along with TV's The Amazing Race) in this year's Amazing Car Rally, I thought it only fair that I post it here for the geocaching community to see. Below is taken right from the website, www.amazingcarrally.com. It's running on September 22nd as a fundraising event for Special Olympics Manitoba - Winnipeg Region.

Maybe we'll see a few of you out there!

--

The 2nd annual ‘The Amazing Car Rally’ is being held Saturday, September 22nd 2007. This Amazing Race will depart from the Assiniboine Park Zoo’s South Gate Parking lot (off Corydon) at 8:00AM and finish at 4:00PM with a wind-up BBQ following the race at the same location.

This year's Grand Prize is $1,000, courtesy of Cam Clark Ford of Winnipeg..

Proceeds from this fundraiser will go to provide quality programming and competition for the 800+ athletes and 73 clubs within Winnipeg.

Teams of 4 people will participate by following clues to various points around Winnipeg. At each stop, the teams may compete in roadblock or detour challenges to earn their next clue before moving on to the next stop in the race.

The registration cost for a team is $120.00. Corporate teams are encouraged to participate with company vehicles. The number of entries is limited, so register early!
FoodNinja

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a good time..
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Sep 21, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reminder Reply with quote

Just a reminder to all you crazy cachers out there. If you're planning on entering, there's only 1 day left for the online entries. After that, you'll have to enter in person before the start of the race on Saturday.

And if any cachers do enter, be sure to ask for the guy in charge (that's me) and introduce yourself. I still haven't met any nuts (I mean nice people) in this MGA. Smile
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Sep 28, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So for some of you who were wondering, just what goodies were in this year's race. (I can share some secrets, since the 2007 race is over.)

Manitoba's Stonehenge was on the list of stops. This was the one was most closely tied in with geocaching this year. I had the teams counting X's marked on the pillars. (Here's the cache that's at that location.)
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=57332488-f121-4522-bdb5-f857b5875079

A number of other stops were in parks featuring caches. Kings, Maple Grove, McBeth and The Forks, to name a few.

Next year... who knows where I'll be sending the teams. (Insert evil laugh here.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Off-Topic Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: