Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kabuthunk's wedding social... anyone want in?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kabuthunk

PostPosted: Sep 04, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Kabuthunk's wedding social... anyone want in? Reply with quote

I had mentioned in the irc chat that my wedding social was coming up (Friday, Sept. 28th), and grnbrg mentioned that he wanted to get some tickets. Hence... I figured I'd go to the board to invite many a geocacher to said social. Tix are $10 (well, we ARE trying to raise money for said aformentioned wedding Razz), and there's plenty of interesting prizes for the silent auction. A $200 wireless keyboard, $400 router, ipod mini, martini glasses, candle holders, a little of everything under the sun... and more to be added. I'm thinking I'll be making a few chainmail things too, so we'll see how that goes.

It'll be at Cowboy's at Lagemodiere and Elizabeth (at the CanadInns there), but I think there's some legal thingy about socials where you need to buy the tickets in advance, and can't get 'em at the door. However... since it's hard to get a hold of people directly, I've got a friend selling tickets for me out of his store... All Your Base Computers (which is at the All Your Cache Are Belong To Kabs). Just go in and ask Aaron for tickets to James' wedding social... and maybe find the geocache while you're there if you haven't already Razz.

It should be a ton of fun, so if you're interested, grab up some tickets, get some for your friends, and head over. Not sure of the exact coordinates (should have taken 'em when we booked the place), but they should be relatively close to N49 52.246 W97 04.384 (figured out from looking at google maps and approximating it on the GPS).

But yeah... sweet prizes and stuff :}

Georgia

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am going to be out in Gimli at a post-golf tournie dinner dealie on the 28th James. But I would buy a couple of tickets to support the happy couple.
I will try to get by the computer place and pick them up.
GG

Kabuthunk

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, thanks Very Happy. And you could always give the tickets to someone who's up for a social, too :}
Kabuthunk

PostPosted: Sep 25, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick final note about the social:

Tickets ARE allowed to be sold at the door, so if you want to drop by, just say you're there for the social. There's currently about 18 prize packages, which include a D-Link Gigabit router, Logitech wireless bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo, GeForce 7800 graphics card, hand-made bookshelf (by the other couple that the social is for), various bottles of... 40% "perfume", shall we say, and just about everything else under the sun.

Oh, and there'll be food there. Just social food like coldcuts, bread, cheeses, pickles, etc... but it's still food.

dani_carriere

PostPosted: Sep 25, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there with junglehair and OHMIC in tow. You might as well bundle all the prizes into one box because I'm expecting to take them all home with me Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Off-Topic Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: