Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clue - 2007/2008 Winter Cache Finding Event

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Mealeon

PostPosted: Dec 17, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Clue - 2007/2008 Winter Cache Finding Event Reply with quote

Greetings! Detective Cam Mealeon here. A heinous crime has been committed. Gnathan Gnome has been found murdered. At this time I'm deputizing all you cachers to help me solve this crime.
Details are sketchy, and right now I don't have much to go on. But as I investigate the various areas of Winnipeg, I will be leaving clues behind in geocaches. When you visit the caches around the city, look for and take one of my business cards. I will give two clues on each of the cards. Use these clues to help me solve the crime.

So far, I have not been able to narrow the crime down to a location, just that it was committed somewhere in the city of Winnipeg. I will be preparing a map divided into 5 sections and posting it soon to help you.

I do have 5 suspects. GG56, OHMIC, grnbrg, *Butterfly*, and TurdleEggs. All shady characters. And all of these people have a known dislike for all Gnomes.

The potential murder weapons are not narrowed down yet, but will be announced soon. Details are coming in often and I am building the case file as quickly as I can.

The Manitoba Geocaching Association has set up a web page here where you can enter your guess as to who committed the crime, where the crime was committed, and with which weapon.

Thank you for your help. I will be checking back soon with more info.

If you need to contact me, my e-mail address is cammealeon@gmail.com
Cam Mealeon

PostPosted: Dec 17, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: UPDATE! Reply with quote

Things are moving quickly! I have worked up profiles on all of the suspects, and cross referenced it to the season, and have come up with 5 potential murder weapons!

1) Ice-Caked Boot

2) Poisoned Food Left in a Cache

3) Ammo Can

4) Ski Pole

5) GPS

Good Luck!
Cam Mealeon

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: More information Reply with quote

Here is some more information for you. Here is the text from the handout that was given to the attendees of the Flash MOB event:
From the desk of Cam Mealeon.

A crime has been committed. Gnathan the Gnome was thoughtlessly murdered, his body discovered in a snowbank in one of Winnipeg’s municipal snow dumping areas. All Winnipeg area geocachers are asked to assist in the capture of the perpetrator.

Clues will be given to assist you in your task. Clues will be on the back of my business card that I will leave in caches that I visit while I conduct my investigation. If you wish to assist in the capture of the guilty party, please take one of the cards from the caches and when you log your find on geocaching.com, please mention that you have taken one of the cards. This way, I will know if I need to re-stock the clue cards in any of the caches.
I may also leave clues in my online “found it” log. Additionally, I may leave details in my profile page, or in the cache logbooks in the field.
There will be enough clues provided on all of the business cards for you to solve the crime. Any other clues you run across will be bonus clues.
As of January 1, there are 3 clue cards out there I will be logging every cache I visit online starting today.

Here is a copy of the Zone Map: (right-click image to save it to your computer)

And here are the free clues:

I have been checking out a few caches in the city. Watch my profile.

Good Luck!
Cam Mealeon

PostPosted: Jan 07, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: The tireless search for clues continues Reply with quote

I have been busy scouring the city looking for clues. I have to date left clue cards in 6 caches in the city, and have also handed out 2 clues at the New Years Flash MOB event in Assiniboine Park.

That is 14 clues in total thus far. I hope that has helped some of you come closer to solving the crime.

I have started to look closer at the suspects. I will observe their habits, their movements, their caches. So as not to alarm them, I will not be logging their caches online...not yet.

What I can tell you is that I will be only placing the clues in caches that can fit them, and wherever possible, in winter friendly caches. One of the suspects does not have an active winter friendly caches that will support having the clue cards in it. So some extra investigation may be required here. I'll see what I can do.

I appreciate everyone's help. We are close to an arrest. I can feel it!
Cam Mealeon

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed a solid lead into Zone 4 and narrowed down the search to the University of Manitoba campus. I've left the results of my investigation of the area in a suspect's winter friendly cache on campus.
Cam Mealeon

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gut feeling told me OHMIC did it, so I dragged him in for a late night questioning session under the bright lights of the interrogation room. He might not remember this after all the drugs. After many hours, I've come to the conclusion that he couldn't have done it and eliminated him as a suspect. I'm running out of leads here, I hope you geocachers can solve this soon.
ohmic

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering why my hair was a mess when I woke up this morning...
Butterfly

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's guilty! He told me so! Silenced

I think Det. Cam is in on it too!
Cam Mealeon

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Investigation completed! Reply with quote

I am wrapping up my investigation. All the clues are in play and waiting for my deputies to go and find. To date there have been no correct guesses submitted to the website (http://www.mbgeocaching.ca/node/328).

I have a few solid suspects and over the next few days I will be pouring over the leads I have gathered. But I NEED YOUR HELP! The caches I have visited that contain clue cards are on my geocaching.com "found caches" list under my profile.

There are also hand written notes in the field logs for:
Snow along the Seine
Hello, Shilo?

Although I felt it cruel to drag cachers all the way to Shilo, so I logged the same clue above. (Ohmic is innocent...)
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there is no more information to come, I believe I've solved it.

It was Mr. Green in the Conservatory with the Lead Pipe.

(In other words, Lizardo, in his workshop, making another urban hide out of a Lead Pipe.)

Last edited by glacier_ice on Feb 27, 2008 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
MuStash

PostPosted: Feb 27, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Master Detective Cam Mealeon,

All evidence has been compiled and a report submitted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> GeoGames Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: