Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating a Diary

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Apr 16, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Creating a Diary Reply with quote

Well after 1600 finds I have discovered I'd like a permanent print copy of our geocaching logs. I have perused GSAK and would love to discover a way of printing the name of the cache/terrain/ co-ords/state excluding the whole lengthy description but including our log. I have done the download with Our Finds of course. Any ideas besides cutting and pasting or is there another program to use?
dani_carriere

PostPosted: Apr 16, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do a PQ for all your cache finds, then load it into GSAK, it will only put your logs and notes. From there, you can do an HTML report or extract it to a CSV file and put it into Excel or Word. You can select which fields to extract as part of GSAK.
1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Cache Description Reply with quote

I've done the PQ but I'm working with macros right now to discover if I can just keep the cache name/terrain and co-ords but not have the entire lengthy cache description with what was originally in it etc.. My printout right now with 1600 finds with the description of cache is 560 or so pages long. I'd prefer it down to oh say 200?
I'm getting a little help on GSAK forum now so we'll see. I tried one macro see to what would happen but got an error message of ownership.

Thank you for the quick update.
Kabuthunk

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much like Dani said... get a PQ of your finds, cram it into GSAK, and export as an html file. Every log will be in a seperate HTML file, so you could just select all files and tell them to print (don't know if your printer would have a heart attack from that... may want to go in sets of 10 Razz). You'd get information about the cache itself as well as your log... so at least you would be able to reference what cache your log is talking about.

EDIT: Whup, and ignore me... didn't notice that it was you Queen that posted after Dani... and said you didn't want the description. Well, good luck with it though. If you find a Macro, lemme know.

Hmm... in retrospect... I should consider doing a printout of every log of mine. Best get it started vaguely early rather than late... and just kinda keep up with it every 100 or so. Mental note...

1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Apr 19, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: The GSAK Diary macro WORKS!!! Reply with quote

Click here to follow thread and create a really nice diary with cache name, code and your own logs...

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?s=dc5f8bbede7b1cfc44ccb20b961352ba&showtopic=8146&st=0&#entry50824
AngelFreak

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was just browsing through the forums and found this... it sounds great! I hope to try it out in the near future!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: