Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My eXplorist 500LE won't find satellites...help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tedmukdyluk

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: My eXplorist 500LE won't find satellites...help! Reply with quote

It's Sunday and we're ready to hit the road but the gps won't track any satellites. It asked for coordinates and time and they were correct but it's still sitting on my deck looking to track a satellite. I've tried removing the sd card, clearing memory and reloading the firmware update but still nothing. Any thoughts or am I s.o.l. with a dead gps?
lizardo

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you on Earth? Just kidding. Razz

When you reset it, did you put in the coordinates and set the date/time? I had trouble once when I didn't set the date correctly. I have no idea why.

tedmukdyluk

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The alternate planet theory might explain a couple of things (ie kids!) but I'm afraid I am stuck here on earth!

I tried the reset with the option of picking out the province and setting. It didn't work! I updated the approximate coordinates in the reset and that didn't work either. Judging by the email response from Magellan Support it sounds like its headed for repair.
dani_carriere

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem with my Magellan GPS310. I Googled the problem and there was a way of resetting the machine. For my model, all I had to do was start the machine up and hold in the Enter button and it started in a "safe mode", then I had to have the GPS sit in a south facing window or outside for a few hours and it reset itself.

Google the problem you're having, with the GPS model, there may be some instructions out there to help you out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Off-Topic Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: