Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Find the Cache: Celebrate Manitoba Geocaching Contest
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurdleEggs

PostPosted: May 09, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The “rules” seem to be somewhat dynamic so anyone participating in this contest may want to check for changes before they head out.

Participant Information Form

For example, the Winnipeg Explorer’s End Grand Cache, now identified as “a virtual course” has undergone a couple of revisions. “What did you receive at the cache location?” was added when people starting arriving at the final to find there was no cache (although the listing said there was). “There are no plaques located along this route. It is only a virtual course with a cache container hidden at the end location.” was added to hopefully save future hunters the time of looking for plaques that aren’t there.

inland oceans

PostPosted: May 09, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: cache in Selkirk for Celebrate Mb. Reply with quote

I know the cache is there as I placed it. Sorry about confusion on coordinates. I will have it checked to make sure the cache is still in place.
Hope it was worth the search.
inland oceans
inland oceans

PostPosted: May 09, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: How many entries into contest? Reply with quote

For general information on the Geocaching contest and entries:

You will receive an entry into the contest for each region you visit and obtain rubbings in.
There is a ballot box for each region and once you take rubbings in Winnpeg or Interlake or the Pembina Valley you then have an entry into each of those ballot boxes increasing your chances of winning a Trip Prize Package.

Smile I hope you all enjoy seeing some new places and enjoying some new tastes & experiences that the province has to offer. Most of these caches will be in place permanently following the contest so if you don't make it right away to an area you will have more opportunties later in the summer.
Have fun exploring Manitoba & Celebrating this great province !
Trove Chasers

PostPosted: May 16, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Cache Manitoba Reply with quote

Met up with Carmen Dufferin last night in Carmen. He is the economic development person for that area and was involved with the contest. He said all you need is one rubbing. to enter. He also mentioned that they have received no entries yet. He agreed that it should have been run through the summer.
ertyu

PostPosted: May 18, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some persuasion and poking, both the rules and entry form have been posted. It still isn't clear if you get one entry total after 1 find or 1 entry per find.

I went out to Morden to visit and was only able to find 2 of the 6 locations I looked for. Johnny, Race to the Finish, Prairie Icon have bad co-ords and end up in the middle of empty fields. Schwartz House also has bad co-ords.

I also managed to spot an ad for this (finally). Pretty useless, the whole ad just described the prizes, nothing about what is involved.
MHz

PostPosted: May 20, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'm finally done with this contest and will be sending my ballot in shortly.
10 rubbings from 5 regions, only 2 caches found out of 4 listed found.

The multi at Treherne (A well-Kept Secret) has a bad coord at the 3rd stage for stage 4 which leads you over 10km west of where you should be. W98 49 should be W98.41. I hope the couple of non-geocachers from Brandon who we met at stage one figured that out. The bad coords lead to an open field close to a Bed and Breakfast.

No cache found at Holland (Here us Roar!) but all info and plaque was found.

In general, I've managed to find all the plaques I went after and found the info needed easily. The caches are another matter. I hope the coords or placements are fixed and in place before they are published on gc.com.

ertyu

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The winners were supposed to be drawn June 8, has anyone heard anything about the winners?
JayPeg

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have been contacted by now. I got my prize.
ohmic

PostPosted: Jul 04, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the list for the winners of the MRTN "geocaching contest":

Winnipeg Prize Winner- David & Breanna Cyrenne (Dauphin)
Interlake Prize Winner- Bob Billings (Morden)
CDEM- Eastern Prize Winner- Mr. Lee Adams (Melita)
Central Prize Winner- Michael Lawrence (Crandall)
Southwestern Prize Winner- Jean Hicks (Harrison Hot Springs, BC)
Parkland Prize Winner- Jayson Hancock (Winnipeg)
Pembina Valley Winner- Ron Williscroft (Selkirk)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> GeoGames Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: