Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Computer Trends

View previous topic :: View next topic  
junglehair

PostPosted: Jul 31, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Computer Trends Reply with quote

Anyone know anything about Computer Trends on St. James St.? Have you ever bought anything from there, or heard good/bad reviews about them? A friend is looking for a new computer and we stopped in there this evening. They buy overstock or refurbished items from other stores and resell them. Their computers don't come with the manufacturers warranty other than a 90 day return policy. However, for relatively cheap you can buy their warranty ($59/yr). I'm wondering how good their service is. I'd appreciate any feedback.
Kabuthunk

PostPosted: Aug 03, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't post a very thorough review since I've only walked through there and looked at what they had, but I can tell you what I know.

In general, I wasn't too impressed. They had pretty poor selection, and what they did have was generally known for being the 'crap' brand name when compared to others.

This was however within the first week that they opened (by blind luck, we happened to be driving by shortly after they opened and checked it out), so they could have gotten better/more parts since then.

Old Billygoat

PostPosted: Aug 04, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a used GATEWAY computer from them about 3 years ago, when they were still on Pembina Highway. It has worked flawlessly for me as my main everyday computer. It has bounced all over Manitoba in my truck with a Garmin GPS’r puck hooked up to it. I will be going back to them when I decide to buy another.
area51

PostPosted: Aug 12, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: store Reply with quote

Hello,

I use them for parts and minor stuff like cables, modems etc - always been friendly to me even after they hear where I work Smile

Victor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Off-Topic Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: