Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upcoming Training Seminars

View previous topic :: View next topic  
junglehair

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Upcoming Training Seminars Reply with quote

I am looking for ideas for training sessions that you would like to see the MBGA provide. In the past, we have had things like a hiding seminar, GSAK and paperless caching. One of the ideas for a future event would be an Introduction to HTML.

Please post your ideas here. I'm going to try to arrange some classes for those long winter months when our caches are buried under several feet of snow.

Junglehair
Event Planner for the MBGA
ThreeTs

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about an Interpretive Dance Seminar and "How to Roast Your Wienie" seminar? I'm sure you'll get a lot of takers! Wink
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intro to HTML?? You just want to make it easier for some people to solve some of those puzzle caches. Very Happy
junglehair

PostPosted: Dec 29, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm coordinating an HTML class for mid-February. The HTML portion will probably only take about an hour to cover. Is there another topic that you'd be interested in learning more about?
Wagonmaker

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glacier_ice's reply made me think of this. Perhaps some people would enjoy a short seminar on HOW to tackle Puzzle caches? It seems to me (as I discussed with ertyu last night) that puzzle caches only get about a third of the traffic traditional caches get, because people are intimidated by the puzzle. I'm not sure if it warrants a seminar all on it's own, but could be offered as something to go along with HTML.

Just a suggestion. You could discuss what kinds of puzzle caches there are, how to solve letter codes, how to find things hidden in HTML, different things to try when faced with a puzzle cache. In truth, most are probably easier than cachers think!
Old Billygoat

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Wagonmaker, a discussion on an approach to solving puzzle caches would be very interesting. Also, more info on how cachers get the most out of GSAC would be good.
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to tackle puzzle caches? I've just started a puzzle/mystery cache streak. For me, it's just been a matter of setting aside time and committing to start solving some of them. Some have been quite quick and easy, others have taken some extra time and others just 'burn' you. hehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Events & Contests Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: