Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flood Threats to caches on Red/Morris/Assinaboine?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Mar 18, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Flood Threats to caches on Red/Morris/Assinaboine? Reply with quote

My Jokers and i will try to get to a lot of our caches hidden in flood plane areas however if in the next few weeks we can't get to them all in Winnipeg we may need to put out a call for a bit of help with some to be rescued temporarily. We hope the flood forecast is for later in April so that we can use our school Spring Break to retrieve them but I'm waiting for Paula (MHZ) to let us know how long we'll have access. Some may still be under snow so that may prove to be a bit tricky.

If cachers think of other caches in danger and are driving by it might be good to rescue/retrieve. Still trying to live in denial...
MHz

PostPosted: Mar 18, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess great minds think alike becuase I also started a thread under general Caching.

For those who are interested, you can find the current flood forecast here:

http://www.gov.mb.ca/waterstewardship/floodinfo/index.html?/index.html

Unless we get some drastic weather, it's likely going to be a bad flood this year!

MHz

PostPosted: Mar 20, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just sent an e-mail to OCC regarding the upcoming flood and asked him to take that into consideration when he's doing his archive checks.

We thought it would be a good idea to give him a heads up.

MHz

PostPosted: Mar 20, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OCC says if when you disable your cache you mention that is is disabled because of the possibility of flooding, he will ignore those caches until after the danger has passed.

So if you're disabling a cache because of the flood, please make sure you mention it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: