Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MBGA Water Bottles?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexB

PostPosted: May 22, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: MBGA Water Bottles? Reply with quote

Hi All,

I had an idea that I put a little research into,
I was thinking that the MGBA could sell water bottles to its members.
Its something that we could all use when we go geocaching, plus their environmentally friendly, which means no more disposable water bottles!

Here is a copy of the email i received in response, let me know if you think this might be something worth pursuing, and ill pass your email on!
I have included the prices he gave me to give you an idea of how much it would cost.

Cheers!

- Albuca

Quote:

Hi Albuca,

Thank you for your inquiry. Sorry for the delay in response but I was out of the office on Monday. Before checking out your site, I had never heard of Geo-caching...how great to have treasures to hunt for all over the place! It sounds like a good time. I'm not sure whether you were looking to use the bottles as a fundraiser for the association or just as a great way to advertise. I'm sure quality reusable stainless steel water bottles would be a very popular item with your association members (and possibly even a great incentive to increase membership into the association). Our bottles have been very popular (and profitable) as fundraisers and a great environmentally friendly way to advertise. I have included the info below for you about getting bottles. Please let me know if you have any questions as I am here to answer them for you.

Think water bottles are BPA free, made of high quality, kitchen grade 18/8 stainless steel. We are a stainless steel water bottle company that can do custom logos; we are not a promotional company. The key difference is our bottles are designed to be used for years (unlike typical promo company bottles) so people actually utilize them and you maximize the value for your advertising dollar. They have no lead content in the stainless steel and have no spray-on liner. Each bottle comes with a clip to attach to bags and such (you can see pictures on our website). Our minimum order for custom logos is 100 bottles and I have included the prices below.

Suggested retail is $18.95.

The pricing for 1 colour custom logoed 750mL bottles:

100-199 bottles $8.50/bottle + gst
200-349 bottles $8.00/bottle + gst
350-499 bottles $7.60/bottle + gst

Shipping and art set up fees are included in the price. Custom logos take about 7 days to do, and shipping is 4-5 days to Manitoba. On custom logoed bottles, we require a 50% deposit and a logo (vector or illustrator file) to start the process. A picture will be supplied of a sample bottle for you to approve and once approved, the bottles will be printed. The remaining 50% is due before the bottles are shipped. Because we specialize in doing custom logos, we can do very large print area (up to approximately 6" x 3"). Our logos are screen printed as it provides the largest printing area, allows for any colour logo, and is very durable (we can do laser printing but laser has a limited printing area and it can only be done in black). We do payment through Visa, MasterCard, Amex, PayPal account, or bank transfer.

I try to be as detailed as possible so as to set your expectations from the beginning and ensure your happiness.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest regards,
Steve Hoole
Think Stainless Steel Water Bottles

<--- Sample off there website
junglehair

PostPosted: Jun 03, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a nice idea, but probably not something that would be feasible. Looks like the minimum order is 100 water bottles, which would be approximately $900 to order. I'm not sure we'd be able to sell 100 items (we only have about 400 members, so that would require at least 1 out of 4 people buying one). Currently most MBGA branded items are offered through CafePress: http://www.cafepress.com/mbga_stuff. They can print "one of's" so we don't have to worry about carrying a large stock of inventory.

Sandra (aka junglehair)
Events Coordinator for the MBGA
AlexB

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,
Thought it was a good idea so I thought I would pass it on.

Cheers!

Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: