Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rosenort Trail Event Help Needed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Rosenort Trail Event Help Needed Reply with quote

Joker 1 and his Queen have been asked to set up a bit of a geocaching event to celebrate the opening of a river walkway hiking trail in a nearby village. Eventually some of the caches will become permanent and part of Geocaching. Right now we are trying to figure out what kind of game to set up along the trail. We liked the Poker derby type event where we gathered cards and made a hand but alas we will be stuck with using film containers. We could ask questions in each container and get them to fill out a form and then have a draw at the end for prizes as well. The contest will be held over 3 days in August and fairly good prizes given out but due to the muggle possibilities we have to keep it simple. Any ideas? Has anyone done an event like this?
We think we'll use film canisters with the usual disguises of sticks, in logs, rocks, nests etc. We need ideas about how to award prizes...
lizardo

PostPosted: Jun 29, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The container size makes it a bit more challenging. But you could have a dice roll at each stage and have the "winning" number be random total from all caches. Award one prize per cache group that way.

Another way is to have each cache be a different number or colour. Inside each you could have a list of, say, 4 possible answers to questions regarding the history of the area. Could even be current events.

The questions could be handed out at the start, or later depending on how difficult you want to make it. And the participants could put the colour or number of the cache they feel contained the answer to the question. Answers could be years, or people or places, you get the drift. Everybody learns something.

I had thought of a puzzle idea as well, but can't seem to make it work. Although I just may be nervous. I'm still amazed that I'm giving legendary hiders ideas on a cache placement!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Events & Contests Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: