Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Logo for Mega Event: GeoVenture 2010: Heart of the Continent
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Oct 04, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Logo for Mega Event: GeoVenture 2010: Heart of the Continent Reply with quote

Planning has begun for a Manitoba Geocaching Mega Event!

GeoVenture 2010: Heart of the Continent: Come home to Manitoba

The event is tentatively scheduled for August 21, 2010 to coincide with the 2010 Manitoba Homecoming

This will be Canada’s third mega event and a first for the prairies.

We need your help designing a logo!

The mega event planning committee is looking for a logo design and where better to go for ideas than the very creative Manitoba Geocaching community.

You’re welcome to throw out ideas or rough sketches and we'll get our "graphic artist" to come up with a design. If you can produce a design, even better!

So let’s hear your ideas!

October 29, 2009 Update:

We now have several great logo designs to choose from! In order to pick a winner there will be an open vote.

** Please submit your final logo design (or designs) to this thread by Sunday November the 8th.

** Voting will occur on the GeoVenture 2010 mega event web site. The web site is not yet built, but once it is, it will be linked from this thread. The voting close date has not yet been determined and will depend on the mega event web site’s availability.

As the mega event is an entity unto itself, the event logo should not prominently feature the MBGA’s logo. Also, please avoid using any copywrited or trademarked material. Keep in mind that the winning logo will become the mega event Geocoin design.

Thanks to everyone who has submitted a logo and good luck!

Last edited by TurdleEggs on Oct 29, 2009 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
dani_carriere

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fyi, the more colours, the more $$ ... Our full colour MBGA logo is considered 6 colours: red, yellow, green, blue, black and white.

They may be good colour choices to stick to. That said, I would not want to curtail your imaginative designs ... go to town! Very Happy

Ztirnats

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are looking at print only, 4 colours CMYK will cover every colour you can create. The 6 colour etc would be for embroidery.
junglehair

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll start. Here are a couple of rough draft ideas:

candaceandwill

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, long time lurker, rare poster, and really slow cacher here...

I think this is a great idea for an event. I am willing to promote the event with scouting folk I know to get a bunch of youth out who are now hooked on caching.

Funny, I had started playing with an almost identical NA map and was going to put a heart over Winnipeg... Great minds....

A question for the MBGA upper echelon - is the MBGA logo to be in this? And have the Manitoba Homecoming 2010 folks been asked if we can use the red ticket logo they are sporting? (ie. Is it in conjunction with Homecoming, or just conveniently coinciding?)

Re: Colours - is this to be for web/print only, or for embroidery for a crest or something? Scouting folk would be all over a crest should one be created.

--Will
TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Oct 07, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello candaceandwill,

Thanks for offering to promote with scouts – we need 500 people to sign up before it becomes a “Mega-Event” so go ahead and spread the word! There’s certainly plenty of scouts out there geocaching.

I do like junglehair’s heart outline logo – I think it has all the right elements.

The MBGA will retain its existing logo – this one is for branding the mega event. It could (but doesn’t have to) include elements from the MBGA logo. Did you have an idea?

Yes, we’ve been talking to the 2010 Manitoba Homecoming folks about having the Geocaching event in conjunction with the Homecoming. In fact, it factored heavily in choosing 2010 for Manitoba’s first mega event. I’m not sure we’ve sought permission to use their logo yet. Feel free to incorporate it in a draft design and we’ll check with the Homecoming folks.

As to colours, simple logos are quite effective. I think an embroidered crest would be very popular.

junglehair

PostPosted: Oct 09, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember this is a very ROUGH draft! After some discussions on the first logo ideas I posted, I decided to remove the state/province borders and highlight the province of Manitoba. The white space at the bottom of the heart could be used to include our tagline: "Come Home to Manitoba" The style obviously needs to be changed for that wording, but I was just playing with a couple ideas.

Feel free to post comments/ideas or brand new logo designs

[/url]
junglehair

PostPosted: Oct 09, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things I see with my new design, is that it kind of looks like we are saying the USA is the Heart of the Continent. Maybe that should go up top, and GeoVenture 2010 at the bottom? Just throwing out ideas.
dani_carriere

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

junglehair wrote:
One of the things I see with my new design, is that it kind of looks like we are saying the USA is the Heart of the Continent. Maybe that should go up top, and GeoVenture 2010 at the bottom? Just throwing out ideas.

what if we put GeoVenture 2010: The Heart of the Continent" above the star and put "Come Home to Manitoba" over the US?

glacier_ice

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my entry. Click HERE for a full sized logo.

--

EDITED:

I think Dani's problem came from the image being CMYK. Converted to RGB and re-linked. Try refreshing if you have trouble.

Much smaller images at 453kb for the large and 195kb for the small.

Last edited by glacier_ice on Oct 12, 2009 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is... provided we are allowed to use the logo.
dani_carriere

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How big is that image, GI? Maybe there should be a modem warning.

FYI, for anyone posting images, please keep them to under 100K for those using modems (NO, I'm not the only one!! Rolling Eyes ). Many people in and outside of the city are still using modems.

Thanks!

glacier_ice

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, good point. The BIG logo is 1MB.
garium

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glacier_ice wrote:
Here is my entry. Click HERE for a full sized logo.

I like it better than the heart...no offence, to the heart logo, hearts just arent my thing
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And 'just' in case the other one still doesn't load, here's the much smaller one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Events & Contests Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: