Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reviewers Corner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
onecrazycanadian

PostPosted: Nov 01, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reviewers Corner Reply with quote

Hi all, once again it's that time of year when we are thinking about winter and wondering if our caches are going to survive the snow, ice and -40 temperatures. I'm sure many of you have already given this some thought but it is also a good time to do some prewinter maintenance on your caches.

As you know I do a sweep of disabled caches every couple of months and I generally end up archiving a few that have been disabled for way too long. In some cases there is nothing wrong with the cache and the owner has simply disabled it for winter but forgotten to put a note on the cache page to let me know. Since I don't have the ability to check every cache I have to go by what is on the cache page. So if you are intending to disable a cache over the winter period pleas just add a note to the cache page stating that and I will see it when I do my disabled sweep. If I see a note I won't be tempted to leave my usual "are you doing anything with this or can I archive it?" type note.

This will prevent misunderstandings and confusion when it comes to my disabled sweep.

Thanks
OCC
Pilotmounders

PostPosted: May 14, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we have a new reviewer for our area or is OCC on holidays? Being a freshman still I'm not sure how this part of the game works. I had a new cache published as did some others by the individual known as Cache Chameleon. Do any of the more experienced know?
ertyu

PostPosted: May 14, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OCC is probably taking a break or is busy with other things and another reviewer is covering the work load.
Old Billygoat

PostPosted: May 16, 2010 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cache Chameleon has filled in for OCC in the past. I believe he's based in Alberta.
Pa_Bottle

PostPosted: May 17, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OCC is on holidays till May 24th.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: