Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paperless caching with the Magellan Triton series

View previous topic :: View next topic  
villiam

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Paperless caching with the Magellan Triton series Reply with quote

With the recent news that gc.com now includes cache attributes in their pocket query, and a beta version of GSAK available for those wishing to use it I have been able to make a final improvement to a macro I wrote some time back for formatting cache data for the Triton.

With this macro you can include the last N number of logs on the device, container size, as well as a list of the attributes for the cache. So now when I go into the wild I do not need to carry a PDA or stack of paper with me when I get stumped by a cache (unless it is a puzzel cache of course, or an earth cache).

If you are a Magellan Triton user check out my post at the TritonForum web site. http://www.tritonforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2936&st=0&sk=t&sd=a, if you are not check it out anyways and see if you become a convert Wink

Short description with added information

Long description with the attributes

shortDesc.jpg
 Description:
Short cache description showing GC#, cache size, cache type, and of course the short description if present.
 Filesize:  22.06 KB
 Viewed:  250 Time(s)

shortDesc.jpg

attrs.jpg
 Description:
Long description showing the cache attributes and the start of the long description text. The logs would appear at the bottom of the long description.
 Filesize:  21.52 KB
 Viewed:  243 Time(s)

attrs.jpg

ertyu

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats an impressive looking result, good job.
villiam

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

ertyu wrote:
Thats an impressive looking result, good job.

Thank you, this morning I was able to do something manually I had not tried before but will make for a nicer implementation of this macro. I can include in the GPX file media information (i.e. icons) for each cache. So rather then using the attribute name I can actually attach to each cache the attribute icon which becomes viewable on the Triton.

Now just to get all the possible attribute icons and map them to the attribute codes.

attsIcon.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  22.68 KB
 Viewed:  252 Time(s)

attsIcon.jpeg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: