Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your Caching Name
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
angelcastaneda

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: angelcastaneda Reply with quote

My username is not as obvious as you might think. It dates back to the 1920s.

You see, a boy was born, and he was named Angel Castaneda. He worked at the local telephone company, and did a lot of fancy telephone things.

He eventually grew up, and, in the late 50s, had a boy. Lacking creativity, he named him Angel Castaneda. He worked at banks, doing fancy computer stuff.

He eventually grew up, and, in the mid 80s, had a boy. Lacking creativity, he named him Angel Castaneda. He now works at a media company, doing both networks and telecommunications.

I figured I'd take my dad's first name, and my grandpa's last name, and turn it into a username. The fact that it also happens to be my full name is completely irrelevant. Laughing
Pa_Bottle

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is pretty simple. When I got started in geocaching, I was a proud father. Hence the (Pa) part of my name. The second part is my last name, which just happens to be (Bottle). So the name fit perfectly.
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: angelcastaneda Reply with quote

angelcastaneda wrote:
My username is not as obvious as you might think. It dates back to the 1920s.

You see, a boy was born, and he was named Angel Castaneda. He worked at the local telephone company, and did a lot of fancy telephone things.

He eventually grew up, and, in the late 50s, had a boy. Lacking creativity, he named him Angel Castaneda. He worked at banks, doing fancy computer stuff.

He eventually grew up, and, in the mid 80s, had a boy. Lacking creativity, he named him Angel Castaneda. He now works at a media company, doing both networks and telecommunications.

I figured I'd take my dad's first name, and my grandpa's last name, and turn it into a username. The fact that it also happens to be my full name is completely irrelevant. Laughing

Umm, so wouldn't have it been logical to call you angelcastanedaIII ?
Very Happy

angelcastaneda

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted "Angel Castaneda The Third", but I though it sounded a bit pompous.
dani_carriere

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelcastaneda wrote:
I wanted "Angel Castaneda The Third", but I though it sounded a bit pompous.

How about Angel Castaneda v3.0?

And for those who are reading the name as "Ain-Jel" , like the Xmas figure, it's actually pronounced "An-Hell" , the not-so Xmas figure Wink

angelcastaneda

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angel ThreepointO ? I like it!
elaia_lychnia

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: name meaning Reply with quote

Elaia is Greek for "Olive Trees" and Lychnia is Greek for "Lampstands". They are New Testament images of Christ's church (the body of Jesus' followers).

As followers of Jesus we enjoy being identified as such - hence the compounded words forming the name Elaia Lychnia.

So essentially our name comes from our identity of our faith.
fallyn

PostPosted: Oct 11, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha good reading!

Mine is kind of lame.

Since the beginning of the internet, I used "skydancer" as my user name. In fact I still use this name with many of the forums I socialize in.

Women would ask my if I was a skydiver (they thought I was male), men would ask me if I was a dancer (stripper).

I grew tried of explaining the real meaning, being aurora borealis, which I am so fascinated by.

Now I am fallyn, fallyn from the skies as my parachute didn't open, fallyn off the stage and broke my hip, never to dance again.

I do wish though that I could change my geocaching name to skydancer as I miss her/him. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: