Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dipping a TB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stingy bandits

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Dipping a TB Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes We have made both of our cars into TB's, but now we don't know how to log their visits to caches! we have seen TB dip before, but don't know how to do that at geoccaching.com in the logs. If someone can help us log our "cache mobile", we'd appreciate it!
Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Dipping Reply with quote

Hi,

All you need to do is make sure your TB is retrieved into your inventory before you begin your geocache log and then select it at the bottom of your log before you publish the log. Then you just pick it up from that location to go back into your inventory.

Happy caching,
Dragonfreys
stingy bandits

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Dipping a TB Reply with quote

Thank you dragonfreys, however, when I logged all of the caches (wrote notes for previous ones and logged today's using the drop off and retrieve procedures), no miles were logged for the TB. It still comes up as 0km when I check the TB. What did I do wrong???
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that Cache Mobile RABBIT hasn't even entered your inventory.

But it appears that you did Cache Mobile BIRD correctly.

I've noticed that sometimes it takes a day for the GC servers to caculate the distance and then publish it. Check again tomorrow.

Pilotmounders

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: Dipping a TB Reply with quote

stingy bandits wrote:
Thank you dragonfreys, however, when I logged all of the caches (wrote notes for previous ones and logged today's using the drop off and retrieve procedures), no miles were logged for the TB. It still comes up as 0km when I check the TB. What did I do wrong???

I do this all the time with mine, you have to go to the drop down tab that says "Mark Item Missing" & click to drop down window & change it to "recalculate distance" then hit go & it'll update the milage & give you a map to go with it.

ertyu

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are just writing a log to drop a bug, you should generally delete the log immediately as it serves no purpose and clutters up the cache page. The action 'bug drop' won't be reversed by deleting the log.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Trackables Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: