Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random Thoughts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pilotmounders

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Random Thoughts Reply with quote

As a geocacher from a rural area in Manitoba 2 hrs south west of Winnipeg, I envy you city cachers as youíre able to accomplish challenges easier & have the availability to have endless fun without having to travel a good distance to enjoy this fun sport. I logged onto the site yesterday & there were a boom in caches newly posted. The CIATIACOTPAW series was fun to watch from afar via the logs that were posted. I could only imagine the scene of fellow cachers departing from all over the city racing around searching for these & trying to grab the FTF bragging rights. It would have been a hoot seeing the action up close & personal; you arrive just before or just after another cacher and trying to get it done before everyone else. I enjoyed reading the logs as the finds came in later that evening, I often go through all my finds and read the logs from cachers that made the finds after Iíve been there to see what their experience was like, for me itís become a daily routine like reading the paper. Anyway keep up the good work in the city & giving me an excuse to get up early on a Sat or Sun to make the trip in, has to be really early as we have to find at least 30+ to make the trip worth while, Iím not sure how Wagonmaker or Glacier_Ice made their 100 finds a day on their trip to MN, but well done.

PilotMounder from Pilot Mound Laughing

glacier_ice

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite 100 finds a day. That type of honour would go to OHMIC and Ertyu. Smile

We had two days of 74 and 76, the others were less. But we were pretty much out the door at 9am and back in the hotel around 3am. Lots of days with very little sleep.

Tons of fun.

ohmic

PostPosted: Apr 26, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilotmounder, living in a city full of caches is only good for challenges if you haven't found most of the caches already...
I had to go to Phoenix, Arizona, with TurdleEggs and Montreal over the Xmas holidays to be able to complete my Battlecache card!
Georgia

PostPosted: Apr 26, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohmic wrote:
Pilotmounder, living in a city full of caches is only good for challenges if you haven't found most of the caches already...
I had to go to Phoenix, Arizona, with TurdleEggs and Montreal over the Xmas holidays to be able to complete my Battlecache card!

Ohmic you poor thang! Boo hoo!

Pilotmounders

PostPosted: May 05, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a site I came across today, yeah I know little crazy about Geocaching. http://www.podcacher.com/ Interesting programs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: