Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Restaurants near caches
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: The best ribs in Manitoba Reply with quote

Barnaby's Grill just 50 m north west of On a Knoll has ribs on Friday and Saturday served after 5 pm that are among the best I've had any where in the world. They are getting to be pretty popular and you will need to get into the restaurant before 6 most weekends in the summer to get them before they are all sold out. If you go for the full rack you will have to budget at least an hour to digest before heading out for more caches as the servings are generous.

ThreeTs

PostPosted: Jun 03, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Yummy! Reply with quote

The Oakwood Cafe on Osborne is my new favorite place! The portions are great and the homeade soups are yummy indeed! There are caches nearby too if that is a deal breaker at all... Very Happy
Jimbo 2

PostPosted: Jun 03, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When caching in Stonewall, Red Star N 50 08.140 W 097 19.590
Good Chinese food, good prices.Very Happy
junglehair

PostPosted: Jun 04, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, if I'm in Stonewall it would be tough passing up a chance to stop at The Kiln.
ChargerDad

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Star Chinese for supper, The Kiln for dessert......

Life is good!
Georgia

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'all probably know this already, but I think Hu's on First is great if you are anywhere near the Forks. I went there for the first time recently (I don't get out much Boo hoo! ) and loved it.
Georgia

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Brandon - I am heading there tomorrow for a few days, and aside from dinner at my boss's house, I will need to eat at a restaurant, so any recommendations there?
ertyu

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alberts in Brandon Smile
slippery_1

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't recall the name of this place on Nineth street in Brandon, but it is in between Pacific Ave and Rosser...it's a pizza joint and serves absolutly great greek dishes as well.
theinstallguy

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Sweet treats Reply with quote

If you are ever in the area of the "fountain promenade" cache and are in the mood for a sugar rush to get you through the next 17 caches, I have the place for you.

Just Desserts Cafe (150 blvd Provencher, 204-233-3030)

The desserts here are beyond reproach.

In fact, after having some of FoodNinja's baked goodies, I wonder if he is moonlighting over there Surprised
junglehair

PostPosted: Aug 14, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're working up an appetite doing the South Eastman series of caches, or otherwise find yourself in Steinbach looking for a good place to eat, I recommend Sawney Bean's pub style restaurant on Main Street. Dani and I had dinner there last night and it was great.

Here's a blurb from their MySpace page:

Sawney Bean's is located at 340 Main Street in Steinbach and has been open since February 12th 2007. Our menu has something for everyone, from traditional british meals to soups and sandwiches for lunch. Some of our most popular items include the spicy Londons Burning Burger as well as the traditional Steak and Guinness Pie. We have 3 import beers on tap and more import beers in bottles as well as a full service bar capable of serving almost any drink you can think of. Our service has been said to be like no other in Steinbach and our food is the talk of the town.

Alexander Bain A.K.A Sawney Bean. He lived in a hidden sea cave on the coast of southwest Scotland hundreds of years ago. He made his living robbing travellers and passers by and lived for over 25 years without being found until the King and 400 men hunted him down and took him and his family to Edinburgh to be executed for their crimes. Nothing beats a good old horror story!
ThreeTs

PostPosted: Jun 15, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Loona Rossa Reply with quote

If you're in St Vital doing some caching, stop by Loona Rosa at 460 St Mary's Road! There was a review in the Free Press this past Friday (June 12) and we went there on Saturday night! Wow! The chef's salad was huge and was only $8.50! My father in law had liver and onions (not my first choice) and for $9.25 he got the liver, onions, roasted potatoes and a sizable tossed salad! The pizza was also quite tasty. I highly recommend it!
pinemonkey

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are caching in the Beausejour area, my favorite has to be the Chuck Wagon. It is on the North east side of corner or Hwy 302 and Hwy 44. You can't miss it, it has the largest sign of a cowboy at the front of the driveway. If you are towing a camper,boat trailer, or the ATV/ Snowmobile trailer, the parking lot is HUGE.It was open during the summer months in the past, but last winter they became year around. I am hoping they keep it this way.
It has a drive-inn window to order from or a small eat in resturant.
They have the best and I mean the best, real FRENCH FRIES. Not frozen, not previously fried and refried, I mean FRESH.
The have excellent burgers and hotdogs.
Amazing icecream and milkshakes...oh and I have to mention, the real Slush Puppies! If your into the the nastalgic mood..
If you are dining in, their soups and deserts are homemade. Daily specials, you know the Mom and Pop kind of place..
I have never been disapointed yet.
If you are a city dweller caching in the country, I recommend this as a 5* Eatery.
Let me know what you think, if you stop by.
patricksnead24

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

The Seine River Cafe will be comfortable...............

Thanks,
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my new favourites if you're in the Selkirk area is Roxy's. Make sure you save room for dessert!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Off-Topic Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: