Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GeoCoinFest MegaEvent in September

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dani_carriere

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: GeoCoinFest MegaEvent in September Reply with quote

Some people have been talking "road trip" for the MegaEvent in Minneapolis in September. For those interested here is a link to the Megaevent and here is a link to my bookmark of the currentassociated events. There is a website for the MegaEvent that can be found here.

The MegaEvent is on Sunday, September 19th, with several others from Friday, September 17th to Monday, September 20th. In addition, there are thousands of caches available to be found in the area, and an opportunity to pick up or sell geocoins.

Perhaps we can use this thread as a discussion or planner for anyone who's interested in going. Maybe this can be our first BoWWoW (Boys of Winnipeg / Women of Winnipeg) trip. For those who don't know, there have been 2 WoW trips to Minneapolis in the past. (And I didn't use Men of Winnipeg, because MowWow doesn't have the same ring to it.)

OK ... you have the info ... discuss ... ask questions ... engage!

ertyu

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly a maybe!
yellow_sunflowers

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like fun. Only problem is that I have Dragonboat races in Brandon on the 18. Sad
If something changes, Ill keep this in mind.
dani_carriere

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told last night that registration for the megaevent closes on Sunday July 11th!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

If you even remotely expect that you may be going, I highly recommend that you sign up for at least the free registration. Go to their registration/store page, select Registration from the menu at the top left, and choose which one you want. At least by signing up for a free registration you won't be left out. If you want a more significant registration, that's up to you.

glacier_ice

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only a remote possibility that I'll be going, but did the free registration anyways. If a BoWWow trip will bring costs down significantly, I think I can manage this.
Peter and Gloria

PostPosted: Jul 19, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're heading to the mega event but we'll probably leave early on Thursday and take two days to get there. Coming back, we'll probably do the same thing.
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: CAR POOLING Reply with quote

I know of some cachers who have already arranged their transportation to this event.

Wagonmaker and I are looking for 1 possibly 2 more cachers to come to help lower the costs and join the fun.

Our plans are to leave on the 17th, right after work and return late on the 19th. So anyone who is tight on their schedule, this is the car pool for you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Events & Contests Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: