Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GEOVENTURE 2010

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Aug 18, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: GEOVENTURE 2010 Reply with quote

It occurred to us that we didn't have a dedicated thread in our forums. Wow, we tried to think of everything! Smile

Here's the link to the GeoVenture page on Geocaching.

glacier_ice

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!

GeoVenture 2010: The Homecoming is in the books.

First off I want to thank everyone who came out to make this a successful event. How cool is it to see so many geocachers everywhere you looked? Even more fun was how many new geocachers came out and enjoyed the day. We all welcome you to the sport!

Aside from a bit of rain on Friday night, we had some incredible weather on Saturday. The temperature held beautifully right through to our clean up today. It was even nice at 3am as the Jenga Fire did its final collapse into embers. The three remaining competitors (TurdleEggs, Tuppergurl and myself) for the LTL (Last to Leave) called it a draw and collapsed in our tent.

Thanks to the entire committee for all the effort. In addition to all the little things that got done; OHMIC for heading up this year's committee, reserving the great #6 site and the pork on a bun. Dani_Carriere for the planning the GeoAssasin game. Tuppergurl for being the checklist and Tote master. CrackerJackie for the boatload of wood.

It was a group effort putting the GeoGolf (aka Cachy Shack) game together. (I still have some holes to pick up, any volunteers? LOL) It appears we reached our goal of making part of this years challenge (the front 9 of 18 holes) family friendly. Rest assured, that in future GeoVentures, there will continue to be a family friendly challenge, even if that means that someone has to push TurdleEggs around in an oversized stroller.

Speaking of TurdleEggs, thanks for showing me a glimpse of what the future with my daughter beholds. The sight of her running towards me, spotting Turdle, suddenly sidestepping me and running straight at Turdle ("Tin" as she called him) reminded me that I may soon need my shotgun polished.

Special thanks goes out to the non-committee members who had contributions. Turdle with his 4 wheel dolly, his BBQ and his mad sausage torching skills. TurdleFemme for the pancake flipping at breakfast and the help with clean up. OHMIC-Nat for a sudden drive out to Canadian Tire to pick up two more griddles for pancakes. Cache n Cary for being a one mane tool kit, from his axe in the tree to lighting down the trail to the facilities, to all the extra help around camp. I'm hoping I didn't forget anyone, but what a community effort to pull this off.

Thanks again everyone! It was a great GeoVenture 2010. I'll leave OHMIC as the chair to say his few words too.

Again, if anyone has time to give towards a standing GeoVenture committee, please let us know, we'd love to have more help. Especially if we're going to shoot to make 2011 a Mega Event!

candaceandwill

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few pics posted on in the Gallery http://www.mbgeocaching.ca/index.php?q=gallery&g2_itemId=6258
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool stuff! Thanks guys! Smile

If anyone else has any photos, feel free to post them as well. Every member has the ability to add photos to our gallery.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Events & Contests Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: