Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rehiding Geocaches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tracama

PostPosted: Apr 02, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Rehiding Geocaches Reply with quote

Do you find that some of your caches are not being rehidden as well as they should be? This is causing me some alarm, as I am reading that some of my caches are out in the open, when they are obviously not suppose to be that way. With the time and cost involved to hide caches, I am disappointed in some members of the geocaching community and don't know what to do about it, except stop hiding caches all together. I don't want to have to resort to this though. Any ideas? Sad
brainradio

PostPosted: Apr 02, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it is on purpose. I know I am often in a rush and when in a rush you may not be careful with a re-hide. I recently visited one of my hides and found it to be feveral feet away from the original position and wide open to viewing. This could have migrated 6" with every rehide. I am going to try to visit my hides this spring and ensure they are well positioned.
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really is the best medicine, check on your caches from time to time and see that all is well. Especially those that have the potential or propensity to migrate.
1purplemonkeydishwasher1

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed this as well. I have really only thought of two things

1. The caches that are unique and creative see mto be the most difficult for people to put back properly.

2. To ensure caches are they way they should be, they should be checked on fairly regulear, which is not always a fun task. but before and after winter are the most needed times to reposition

People should always be reminded to replace as found and not leave in the open.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: