Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Answer to Life the Universe and MHz's Birthday

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MHz

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: The Answer to Life the Universe and MHz's Birthday Reply with quote

Keep the weekend of June 24-26th free for a sequel to the Hula-baloo at West Hawk Lake/Falcon Lake areas only this time it will be Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy themed as I'll be turning 42! So bring your best towel and wear your peril sensitive sunglasses! Cool

So far for sure, there will be a potluck/bonfire at the West Hawk Lake Campgrounds in the evening on June 25, 2011. If bonfire gets rained out, the party will move indoors at my cabin which is walking distance from the campground.

I've had several offers to help out so far (thanks TurdleEggs and Netleyhunter!) so there is the possibility of having a cache challenge on either Saturday or Sunday and a Friday night gathering as well to round out the whole weekend.

MB Parks campground reservations start on April 4, 2011! But there may be a number of other accomodations available as well for those who aren't the camping type!

Stay tuned for more!

devildawg

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a great event. I remember the last one at West Hawk you put on. For all those thinking of coming, don't think! Just go!
Gotta work on Sunday morning... do the cache challenge Saturday! Please??? Smile
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Mar 02, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to this one... though I think it might just fall on the day that I was planning the Sumer Solstice run. Might just have to incorporate a stop at the party as one of the day's finds. Smile
TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Mar 02, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m there! MHZ’s parties are the best!
netleyhunter

PostPosted: Mar 03, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is enough interest I can rent the Welcome Centre at Falcon to do a caching event there also. The Welcome Centre has a hot tube and as well as access to the sauna and use of the rest of the resort. We would also have a private kitchen, lounge area, fireplace as well as a banquet hall that can hold 25 people. Good place to maybe cook breakfast and dinner over the weekend? Wink

The centre can sleep 6 people and the cost for the weekend rental would be about $85 per person for the two nights. (That is cheap people!)

I would need to get a commitment from 6 people to stay. Oh there are a couple rooms each with a couple beds, so you wouldn't get a whole private room to yourself.

http://www.falcontrails.mb.ca/Falcon_Trails_Resort/
LookieMonster

PostPosted: Mar 03, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great. I have a cabin in the area too. My first finds were in the Falcon/Westhawk area. There are lots to search for, including an underwater one that is on my DNF list from last year.
MHz

PostPosted: Mar 10, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got my hands on a few prizes now that are appropriate to the theme of the event. I may even have a short cache challenge for those who want to find some temp caches in the camp gorund to win one of these prizes.

Still trying to get a breakie gathering together too....lots to plan and still lots of time to do it!

More soon! Very Happy

TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Mar 11, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love bacon!
MHz

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Event is publsihed! Cool

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=37b502a3-3eb4-4d69-b214-87d98d1980e3

TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo hoo!

There's no park pass required in 2011. The event just keeps getting better!

MHz

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Campsite for the bonfire(s) at West Hawk Lake have been reserved, site A-11.
LookieMonster

PostPosted: May 10, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Underwater Cache Opportunity Reply with quote

Attention Adventure Seekers !! (read geocachers) As indicated in a previous post, I have a cabin at Falcon Lake and will be attending some of the events - sorry, no room at the inn. Anyhow, for those not aware there is an underwater cache in Falcon Lake (GCWXB5) rated Dif 5/ Ter. 5. Weather permitting, I am offering up to 8 persons a ride on my pontoon boat to the site, note Mhz is likely to be one, so make that seven. Depending on the weather and response, maybe two loads. Note: it is best to try for this when the lake is calm, which means morning. Also, if you're considering this, you need to realize the water will likely still be quite chilly then, so be prepared little scouts, wet suits help allot. Note: this one is on my DNF list from last year so I'am hoping to find it before the 25th, you know, so I can be an effective guide. As we get closer to the event we can work out an itinerary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Events & Contests Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: