Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Non-worldwide flash mob event idea

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kabuthunk

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Non-worldwide flash mob event idea Reply with quote

I was just watching the newest video by Improv Everywhere, and much like the 'freeze in place' thing they did a while back, they've done something else that has amazing possibilities at the Forks or elsewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BZi1wN6Nbc

In short, basically a group 'mute button'. Everyone is all loud and chatting and whatnot. And at whatever arbitrary signal, everyone just keeps doing the exact thing, but absolutely silent. Pretend to be talking, laughing, on the cellphone, etc, etc. Then X amount of time later at another signal, everyone starts being loud again. Repeat several times over 5 minutes or whatever.

So yeah. I've never created an event, although I'm somewhat tempted to to try to pull off this idea. Problem is that I can't convince myself that like... more than 5 people would show up, thus making it just look weird instead of amazing. I realise this is unrealistic, but I'm a shy, very non-outgoing individual who's not used to creating (or even interacting much with) a large group setting.

If anyone thinks this has potential, I'm thinking it could make for an awesome event, but I don't know if I'd ever get around to making it myself.

The Rakam Hunters

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Flash mob idea Reply with quote

We love your idea it sounds like fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: