Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Cache Attributes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ertyu

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: New Cache Attributes Reply with quote

I just discovered via GSAK that there are two new cache attributes you can apply to your hides etc. A "Truck Driver/RV" attribute and on puzzle caches only a "Field Puzzle" attribute. I just did a pass through my hides and added a few of these attributes as I felt appropriate.

Last edited by ertyu on Aug 16, 2010 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
ertyu

PostPosted: Aug 16, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems another whack of new attribute icons has appeared, I noticed these:
uv light required, snowshoes, cross country skis, special tools required, night cache, park and grab, abandoned structure, short, medium and long hike, fuel nearby, food nearby

Last edited by ertyu on Aug 16, 2010 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
ertyu

PostPosted: Aug 16, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears there have been some changes and removals of old icons also.

MHz noticed that the old significant hike has been converted to a medium hike, another thing to review.
MissionMode

PostPosted: Aug 17, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ertyu wrote:
uv light required

awesome.
1purplemonkeydishwasher1

PostPosted: Aug 20, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Night Cache option now to which I will enjoy
ertyu

PostPosted: Aug 03, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New cache attributes available as of yesterday: Seasonal Access, Teamwork Required, Tourist Friendly, Tree Climbing and Front Yard (private residence)

Caches are now allowed up to 15 attributes also.

Apply as appropriate.
dani_carriere

PostPosted: Aug 04, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also noticed yesterday on a list of a PQ's results, there was a checkbox at the bottom of the page that would highlight caches that are good for beginners. I don't know how they would determine that. Perhaps, size plus difficulty and terrain?
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Aug 04, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, might as well give up on Cachetributes challenge. LOL
dani_carriere

PostPosted: Aug 04, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glacier_ice wrote:
Geez, might as well give up on Cachetributes challenge. LOL

You should be fine, if I remember correctly the CO has stated that only the initial attributes apply. Of course, I haven't looked at it since I found it last year.

glacier_ice

PostPosted: Aug 04, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He recently updated it. Instead of the original 68, he's asking for all 89 attributes. I'll assume that the most recent additions will also be included.
Sheesh! Lol

1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Mostly against attributes Reply with quote

Why don't we just tell everyone exactly where the stuff is while we are at it. LIGHTPOST icon -don't bother disconnecting the GPS from power source icon. ROCK - yeah its a fake one. NEST- guess where SPRUCE (given you'll be itchy)

Isn't it a bit out of hand? This is why I use hardly any and people still can comment - hey never would have guessed where it would be - a surprise!

I personally think it is a bit idiotic and out of control. Isn't it supposed to be a hide and seek game? Hotter, colder hot naw you are freezing...Like playing with a 2 year old and basically directing them to exactly the place the spoon is hiding. Obviously for cachers who don't want to get dirty...Ah another icon - no bending no searching no getting dirty. Or perhaps it is for the illiterate cachers who can't read. More of them all the time.
Save on the cache description - just use icons.
Dripping with sarcasm item <insert here>
1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: More Reply with quote

and guess what I've actually gotten complaints about not having stuff in my attributes. Sucky folks saying , "you didn't tell me I had to wear pants and put on mosquito spray etc". Cachers or wimps. BE PREPARED.

I also just sent an email to a fellow cacher in another province telling them off. I think it is basically a first for me but good grief why do lazy a$$ed cachers not bother tidying up other cachers hides instead of whining about it? 5 feet away from their vehicle and they don't wipe it out and add a logsheet? If a cache is muggled why not CITO instead of complaining about stuff strewn about? Part of geocaching.com or at least the MBGA should be the example set by Cache and Cary who fixes, upgrades, adds and maintains caches for all who follow. He is my hero for that! That "needs maintenance" icon should only be used if you don't have any tools to do it with yourself or if it is 5 miles from a car and cache fixing stuff. I have never ever added it as far as I know to someone's cache page. (i Have sent private emails). My boys already know if a cache needs help they'll have to run back to the vehicle if we have anything to restock or redo it with. and the idiots that don't have pencils along so they don't sign the logsheet. Good grief be equipped and carry ziplocs/logsheets aka scrap of paper and a marker.
VENTING COMPLETE. maybe my next cache will be called the LAZY a$$ed cacher and it will always need maintenance as part of its challenge. I'll hide it where it always is exposed to snow/rain/ heat where it gets left open by careless cachers, where it might get muggled, without expensive waterproof logsheets or a pencil that breaks. Hey wait that is most of my 150 plus caches..Thank goodness most of my MBGA caching friends aren't those kind of cachers.That is one woman in menopause's opinion. What is yours?
Geo-Indy

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd make a comment, but I'm too scared right now...
Nunavut Taidy

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Smile Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: