Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creative Caches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hockey_family

PostPosted: Mar 23, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Creative Caches Reply with quote

We really love creative caches because they are fun to find and everything, but we're not really sure how we can hide one.
Does anyone have any tips???
Hakliva

PostPosted: Mar 27, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i cannot give your from expierience.. because i dont have many creative hides to draw from if any(everyone's idea of a creative hide is different)... i was hoping someone with more expierience would reply, but they havnt yet...but i would say take an idea, and tinker with it to make it work... you can e-mail me personally if you like and i can help you develope an idea... but like i said... just work with it... hope this helped a little...
MissionMode

PostPosted: Mar 28, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are threads of creative caches on GC.com, but I am guessing the reason nobody is replying is because if somebody had a great idea for a creative cache, wouldn't they just implement it themselves? Otherwise, even if they were thinking of copying some other creative cache they had seen, they would be pretty much announcing that they intended to hide a certain type of hide and that would give it away.

My only real advice would be to keep on caching and if you find a creative cache you'd like to emulate (like the ones in Gilby, ND) then try and figure out how to build it. If you have an idea but you're not very crafty then post something to that effect here and there are a few people who might want to team up with you on your idea without actually telling the crowd what you are plannning.
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would find Geocaches placed by some local Geocachers that always prove to be very creative with their hides. I second the caches around Gilby, as well, very inventive.

Here are 3 to look for and where you can spot a concentration of some of theirs.

The Trove Chasers always have wonderfully creative hides. Look around Elie

Ztirnats Assiniboine Forest (Also check out Their Remember series.)

1Queen and 4 Jokers. Look around the Morris area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: