Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disabled Caches for Winter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ertyu

PostPosted: Jan 10, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Disabled Caches for Winter Reply with quote

In my opinion caches should not be disabled (or removed) for winter, unless there is a significant issue that a cache should not be found during the season, such as safety or damage. Caches should be placed with some permanence. Any cache can be found in the winter, it may be more difficult, but it can be found. Attributes or notes in the description can indicate that a cache may be more difficult during different seasons, there is no need to disable caches for long periods just because there is snow on the ground.

My 35 cents
IvantSumcache

PostPosted: Jan 10, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Winter caches Reply with quote

Plus it's always nice to follow a geotrail when you are a newbie like me! Laughing

One thing I found was, that if I put my gps away when nearing GZ and look for the cache rather than worry about the gz co-ords, we are more successful.

I am more confident caching now that we have 102 finds. I do enjoy the more challenging ones though!

But yes, I do agree that geocaches should be left there once they are published.[/u]
Les roux

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ertyu, what you said makes sense! Thanks for your 35 cents Wink . I have updated the webpage for one of my cache with a note and changed one of the attributes. That cache is now available again. I'll try to do a little bit of "winter maintenance" (i.e. shoveling) on it when possible.

Have fun everybody and stay warm! Very Happy
FoodNinja

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone plays the game a bit differently I say leave em active.. you never know how its going to shake out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: