Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Jan 04, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES Reply with quote

At various times throughout the year, we have need of volunteers for various events. This forum topic is dedicated to informing the MBGA membership of those times we are looking for people to help out.
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Jan 04, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: SNOWTREK II Reply with quote

We are looking for people to hang out for the day on Sunday, January 16th at an information booth located at the Assiniboine Park Duck Pond. The event will run from 12-4pm with set up happening around 11am.

The event is Winnipeg In Motion's SNOWTREK. This is an event held by Winnipeg in Motion to showcase various winter friendly activities that are available to people who want to stay active or get more active.

The MBGA was approached to participate in this event.

Essentially, you'll be sharing your enthusiasm about Geocaching to people who may or may not have heard about it and are curious. We'll need to set up several temporary Geocaches that you can then 'guide' people to and show them how much fun it is to search for the cache.

Please reply here or contact me directly (glacier.ice@shaw.ca) to let me know that you are interested.

Thanks everyone!

Snow_Trek_2011_halfPager_ForWeb.pdf
 Description:
Snowtrek Poster in PDF format

Download
 Filename:  Snow_Trek_2011_halfPager_ForWeb.pdf
 Filesize:  136.63 KB
 Downloaded:  231 Time(s)

glacier_ice

PostPosted: May 10, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're in need of geocachers to be a presence at the Trails day on July 4th along the Harte Trail.

We'll need about 3 volunteers to man a booth and perhaps do some hands on training for visiting people. The arrangement will be similar to Snow-Trek and we'll make it an event where Geocachers can come out and share their Geo-Enthusiasm with members of the general public who are visiting our booth.

swelbergen

PostPosted: May 17, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: 17 Wing International Trails Day Reply with quote

The MBGA is looking for additional volunteers to help man a MBGA booth at 17 Wing for International Trails Day on Saturday, June 2nd. The booth will be at the corner of Whytewold Rd and Silver Ave. (near the Chapel). Set up would be around 9:15 am and would run until noon. Icimondo has already indicated that she can help, but we are looking for another 1 or 2 cachers to give her a hand. The goal of the booth is to promote the geocaching and the association, and to answer any questions. While there are caches nearby, we will likely set up a "fake" cache within the immediate vicinity for the curious to try.

Please respond on the forum and I will email to confirm. Thanks!
swelbergen
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Jan 28, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: SNOW TREK Reply with quote

Call for volunteers!

Geocache hosts needed for a booth on these days. February 24 will be published as an event.

--------
SNOW TREK

Living Prairie Museum is hosting Snow Trek on Sunday, February 10, from 12 - 4 pm.

Harbour View is hosting Snow Trek on Sunday, February 24, from 12 - 4 pm.

Erocks

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm able to help out both days.
The Black Flight

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be a possible for both days, munchkinbreath would like to help out as well. Let me know if one day needs more help then the other.
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Feb 28, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Cabelas Spring Sale Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

Cabelas has asked us to set up an information booth/table at their annual Spring Sale. The sale is March 16-17 and 23-24th.

We need volunteers to represent Geocaching and the MBGA to work a 3 hour shift at the booth.

What day? That is undetermined at this point. What we need for people to do is indicate their interest below and also tell us what day or days work best for you. We are aiming to only have the booth for a single day and we'd have it on a day that we have enough volunteers to fill the shifts. If we have enough interested volunteers to run more than one day, then we will do so.

Duties? Talk to new people about Geocaching. It is your chance to share why you love to Geocache. There may be a Geocache or two pre-hidden for people to try and find.

Will there be a Geo-event published? That is currently the plan but depends on how quickly we get a response.

Need an incentive? Cabelas is offering employee pricing to volunteers who work a shift at our table. This could mean discounts up to 40% off on some merchandise.

The Black Flight

PostPosted: Feb 28, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the present, I could/should be available for a shift on the Saturday. It is my sister-in-law's birthday, but we are supposed to get together for it on the Sunday.
Shebaz Jenkins

PostPosted: Feb 28, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could work any one of those days if needed for the Cabela's event. Would need a quick run down of what is needed but I would be happy to help.

Let me know.
Ryan (Shebaz Jenkins)
GroovyPinkSocks

PostPosted: Feb 28, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be available on the Saturday, later afternoon on the 16 (after 2) any time on the 23rd Very Happy
Lynda. L.

PostPosted: Feb 28, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to do it ,and ideas are swarming out my head .I can be avialable any of those days .

Last edited by Lynda. L. on Mar 04, 2013 9:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
4elements5senses

PostPosted: Mar 03, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be available to do a shift. It is still a few weeks away however I am confident that I would be able to make it work for which ever day(s) is selected. Looking forward to helping out! Very Happy
netleyhunter

PostPosted: Mar 04, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can help on the 16th in the morning, then will be at the DUC booth in the afternoon, then can help with the seminar in that afternoon. The other weekend if there is a need I can help on the Saturday also I think.
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Mar 05, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the shifts available. So far this is focused on filling the 16th as we aren't committed to the other days... yet. (Unless we can easily fill all the shifts.)

First shift should arrive earlier for booth setup. Also, if volunteers have a laptop (preferred) or tablet they can bring to their shift, it would be appreciated. That way they can demonstrate the website.

Saturday March 16th
1. 9:00am 12:00pm - Person 1: Chris Benson (netleyhunter) Person 2: ** Susan (Photogirl541)
2. 12:00pm 3:00pm - Person 1: ** Lynda. L. Person 2: Rhonda (4elements5senses)
3. 3:00pm 6:00pm - Person 1: Stacy (GroovyPinkSocks) Person 2: ** Bruce (The Black Flight) Person 3: Shebaz Jenkins

** Bringing Laptop

Geocaching Presentation, 4:00pm - Mike Neale (Glacier_ice)

-------------

Saturday March 23rd
1. 9:00am 12:00pm - Person 1: **Lynda. L. Person 2:
2. 12:00pm 3:00pm- Person 1: ** Bruce (The Black Flight) Person 2:
3. 3:00pm 6:00pm - Person 1: Person 2:

Last edited by glacier_ice on Mar 12, 2013 5:17 am; edited 6 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: