Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Road Trip

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hockey_family

PostPosted: Jun 24, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Road Trip Reply with quote

Hey everyone,
at the end of the week were going to start driving to Edmonton for a hockey tournament and were wondering if there is any must gets along the way.
And is there any good tourist attractions along the way?
BTW Were planning on driving like a few hours and then stopping and finding like 8-10 caches and then driving another few hours and so on.
Thanks!
Stonagal

PostPosted: Jun 24, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you getting to Saskatoon? Taking the Yellowhead through Yorkton, or the TCH to Regina and #11 north to Saskatoon? (Or will the caching prospects determine that?)

Either way, the first cache ever placed in Saskatchewan is still kicking around (GC14F). Just west of Saskatoon, it is the only cache around that was placed in January 2001. You would have my envy if you found it.
Hockey_family

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stonagal wrote:
How are you getting to Saskatoon? Taking the Yellowhead through Yorkton, or the TCH to Regina and #11 north to Saskatoon? (Or will the caching prospects determine that?)

Either way, the first cache ever placed in Saskatchewan is still kicking around (GC14F). Just west of Saskatoon, it is the only cache around that was placed in January 2001. You would have my envy if you found it.

We're taking the TCH to Regina and then to Saskatoon because the Yellowhead is not twined though MB to Regina.
And that oldest cache, I think we'll bounce on it (Hopefully) Very Happy
Stonagal

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, here are some other older caches you might be interested in. (I have something of a bias toward old caches, especially those that will help me complete the Jasmer challenge.)

GC8DCA - September 2002 - close to Indian Head
GC4300 - March 2002 - east of Regina
GCN82F - May 2005 - the "Regina" sign as you enter the city
GC5A6B - May 2002 - north of Regina, just off Highway #11

There are probably other old ones, but these are the ones I have in my iPhone, because I haven't found caches in these months. Now that I think of it, you got an extra seat in the car?Razz
Hockey_family

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stonagal wrote:
In that case, here are some other older caches you might be interested in. (I have something of a bias toward old caches, especially those that will help me complete the Jasmer challenge.)

GC8DCA - September 2002 - close to Indian Head
GC4300 - March 2002 - east of Regina
GC5A6B - May 2002 - north of Regina, just off Highway #11

There are probably other old ones, but these are the ones I have in my iPhone, because I haven't found caches in these months. Now that I think of it, you got an extra seat in the car?Razz

Well I don't think the rest of the family would be too keen on you coming and the real reason for this road trip is for a hockey tournament in Edmonton called "The Brick" and Hockey_brother is on an all-star team that is going there. And we wouldn't get in as much caching as you would like.
But thanks for the caches, and we'll probably go for them! and we'll definitely meet up either on the trails or at an event! Smile
Stonagal

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stonagal wrote:

This one is actually March 2005. My mistake.

Have a great road trip!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: