Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GeoVenture 2013: The Games People Play - CAMPING TRACKER

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngelFreak

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: GeoVenture 2013: The Games People Play - CAMPING TRACKER Reply with quote

The Manitoba Geocaching Association (MBGA) is hosting its 7th Annual GeoVenture Event!
Friday, August 16th - Sunday, August 18th
Group Use Area #1, Site #6
Birds Hill Provincial Park
Coordinates: N 50 01.375 W 096 54.467

This event is open to everyone. Whether you've been caching for a long time, are relatively new at it, or are just thinking about trying it sometime, we are looking forward to meeting you! The main event will take place on Saturday, but feel free to drop by anytime. You can come for the day, or stay for the weekend.

The group use area includes a picnic shelter with running water, electricity and wood fired grills for our exclusive use. There are modern, heated washrooms nearby. Showers are available in the main campground area. The MBGA will collect $15 per night, per camping unit, to cover camping fees. If you plan on camping, please post as indicated below so we can keep track of attendance numbers to ensure we have enough space booked.

The group use site only accommodates tents, but camper trailers are welcome to set up in the parking area. There are no facilities for electrical or sewage hookup in the parking area. There are; however, electrical and full service sites nearby at the Birds Hill Park Provincial Campground that may be reserved by calling 1-888-482-2267 or online at Parks Reservation Service.

Please note that Park Vehicle Permits are back again this year: Annual permits are $40, 3-day permits are $12, or daily permits are $5. These can be purchased at all Conservation Offices including campground offices, large stores such as Wal-Mart and Canadian Tire, and smaller outlets around the province where hunting and fishing licenses are sold.

Upon arrival, please check in at the GeoVenture 2011 Registration Area (the coordinates above) at the group camp site shelter Friday evening or Saturday morning.

TO HELP US PLAN AHEAD, PLEASE POST WHETHER YOU WILL BE CAMPING AND THE NUMBER OF ADULTS/CHILDREN IN YOUR GROUP.
AngelFreak

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be camping with Erocks all weekend. (2 adults)
jillvander

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: We are coming! Reply with quote

My son and I will be coming. Two nights, 1 adult & 1 child in a tent Smile We just discovered geocaching about two weeks ago and we are already at 15! We are looking forward to meeting other people who do this and learning more about it Smile
pugbaby

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Team Pugbaby Reply with quote

Mr. Pugbaby and Lilpug hope to tent over night on the Saturday (one adult and one child). Mrs. Pugbaby and the pugbabies hope to visit during the day.
eagle_20

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eviljoven and myself will be camping both nights (2 adults). Is everyone fending for themselves foodwise or will we be sharing?
S.T.D.K

PostPosted: Jul 19, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be camping both nights, 1 adult.
GroovyPinkSocks

PostPosted: Jul 31, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: camping Reply with quote

All 4 will be camping both nights!
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it'll be myself with Mrs. Ice and two of three ice cubes. (The youngest will not be attending.)

To answer the food question. You fend for yourself for the meals that aren't part of the event. The meals that are part of the event are the breakfast on the Saturday and the potluck on Saturday evening. (With the MBGA selling the burgers and dogs portion.)

The Black Flight

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there for 2 nights, the youngest will be with me for the first and She who caches not, but finds, will join me with the eldest for the second.
Simple: 1 Adult 1 Child 1st night, 2 Adults & 2 Children the second
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Events & Contests Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: