Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bike_4_me Road trip

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bike_4_me

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Bike_4_me Road trip Reply with quote

We always seem to miss the good caches along our road trips. So this time I thought I would ask other cachers for info on caches to grab along our way.
We are going through Minneapolis, Chicago, Toledo, Detriot, Toronto, Montreal, Sherbrooke (Quebec).
Thank you!
Stonagal

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done a few virtuals in downtown Toronto. My favourite was "The Old City Hall Message" (GC6069). Have you done the "First Post" virtual in Winnipeg? There's one in TO too (GC6C13). I can't speak to anywhere else.
Bike_4_me

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stonagal, I'll add those two to my list.
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Jul 31, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I created a bookmark list of some of my favourites. Some are for the scenery, some are old ones that fill up the Jasmer challenge nicely. I put comments on each. You'll find some of these along your route. I regret I didn't put the locations in the comments.

Bookmark List

Bike_4_me

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Glacier_ice, I have added some of your bookmark caches to my list.
Now to get on the road tomorrow.
KeeGee

PostPosted: Aug 21, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eau Claire, Wisconsin - Southeast corner of town has a bunch of park and grab challenge caches mostly related to number of states/provinces visited, souvenirs collected, and calendar days cached. Here's one that's in the middle: GC33WGM

Eau Claire, Wisconsin - Southwest corner of town has a ton of challenge caches on all sorts of bizarre stats. They're all along the Chippewa River Trail so if you have your bike along, this looks like a good spot. Quite a range of difficulty/terrain ratings, too.

St. Paul, Minnesota - Grand Ole Creamery at 750 Grand Avenue has the best ice cream I've ever tasted. They make it themselves in small batches, so you can't get it anywhere else. Black Hills Gold, mmmm. It happens to be in a great old big money neighbourhood with big old well-kept houses and yards. We love walking or driving through and admiring it all. We stop for ice cream every time we pass by, even if we're not stopping in the city for anything else. What does this have to do with caching? Another ton of challenge caches, mostly park and grabs from the ones I've found. Here's one you can park near while getting ice cream: GC3BJDX

Wheaton, Illinois (west suburban Chicago) - The Wardrobe GC31TE8 - C.S. Lewis's wardrobe and Tolkien's desk where he wrote The Hobbit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: