Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Living Skies megaevent

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Georgia

PostPosted: Dec 17, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Living Skies megaevent Reply with quote

Anyone planning on going to this:
http://coord.info/GC4DG0T
(my apologies if this subject has been addressed already - I couldn't see a title for it, but my eyes aren't what they used to be!)

MuStash

PostPosted: Dec 17, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intriguing. Thanks for putting this on my radar.
Stonagal

PostPosted: Dec 17, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh neat! It's not a mega-event yet, though I'm sure it'll get to that status. There's one in Wisconsin in August too (GC4KJR0).
Trove Chasers

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES...we are going!!!!! We have had it on our radar since it was published.....
We are hoping that it ties in the our nephews wedding , so that we only need to make one trip back home.....
TeamAngryHamster

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first card we saw for this event stated the 16th of July, which conflicted with MrsAngryHamster's birthday.

Fortunately, the dates on the site say the 19th, which changes things around significantly!

I do believe we're in for this, although the local campsite at this event is already packed. It mentions a campsite 40kms away with a lot of openings, which seems to be a pretty viable option.

Pretty excited about our first Mega-Event!!!
Georgia

PostPosted: Feb 21, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now it has officially achieved Mega status Very Happy
Nezgar

PostPosted: Mar 18, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, greetings from Regina, SK. I'm on the organizing committee for Living Skies 2014 and just wanted to pass on some terrific news - as of Friday Feb 21, Geocaching HQ has approved our application and upgraded us to "Mega" status! So you will definitely get that coveted icon on your profile, plus you should now officially start seeing the event show up in the weekly newsletters! Thanks to all who posted those 'will-attend's int the last few weeks, that really helped.

Check out the website for the official announcement post, and other information: http://www.livingskies2014.ca or the geocache page: http://coord.info/GC4DG0T

Registration is also open now, so if you would like a room in the RJC dorms or a place to park a camper, book it soon. As of today, 25 out of the 60 dorm rooms are already filled, and the powered camper parking spaces have all sold out. Still lots of room for field camping at the College though (all booked through the registration process)

See you there! Feel free to post any questions about the event - I'll try to check back occasionally to answer them.
Ryan (Nezgar & Vana) or via our profile at http://www.geocaching.com/email/?guid=7d831de9-dfc5-4428-a3c7-84735152ad15
Georgia

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Lab cache Reply with quote

Living Skies is on the lab cache list!
https://labs.geocaching.com/

Stonagal

PostPosted: May 02, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I registered yesterday - very much looking forward to it! I have plans to find a few Jasmer-related caches on the drive up, and try to find 9-10 cache types in a day on the way home. It's one of the closest places one can go to complete the Bobby Hull Challenge (GC4BXQ9).
Stonagal

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for someone to carpool with. My plan is to leave in the early morning on Friday, July 18, then drive home on Sunday. I am planning to find probably 15-20 caches (which I have already picked out) on the drive to Saskatchewan. These would include 3-4 from 2002, the oldest cache in Saskatchewan (which has had to be replaced), and an attempt at finding all seven container types in one day. I'll drive alone if necessary, but it's more fun with another cacher or two. Is anyone interested?
Nezgar

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Less than 2 weeks to go! Reply with quote

Living Skies 2014 is almost here, less than 2 weeks away!

There's been quite a few great announcements and information posted to our website recently, details about our cache hides, 10 satellite events from July 17-20th, the Prairie Storms Adventure Trail where you can win a special edition geocoin, there's over 300 new geocaches still to be published, and more!

Main Event: http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC4DG0T_living-skies-2014-mega-westcan4

Pre-registration has closed as of yesterday and we crossed the 500 person mark before the events even started, but we'd still love you to come and you can still register in person and enjoy all that there is to see and do, just that swag bags will be subject to remaining availability!

We hope to see some of our Manitoba friends at what I hope will be one of the best Canadian MEGA events yet!
MHz

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 10 Lab Caches are published for those going to Living Skies.

I created a doc of the cache descriptions so it can be printed and you can write answers on it as you go. made our lives easier when Dani and I did the lab Caches down at GeoWoodstock.

If any wants a digital copy, let me know and I'll e-mail it to you.

Georgia

PostPosted: Jul 15, 2014 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MHz wrote:

If any wants a digital copy, let me know and I'll e-mail it to you.

I would love a digital copy MHz - through Geoprofile or msg me on FB

MHz

PostPosted: Jul 15, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have noticed that there is a version on the intro Lab Cache page for both the GPX file and a printable version of the cache descriptions. Got to the Living Skies web site (http://www.livingskies2014.ca/) and scroll down to the Lab caches and click on the Explore Rosthern and Area link. The Lab caches site uses your regular gc.com userID and password.

You should find all you need there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Events & Contests Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: