Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stonagal is moving to Alberta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stonagal

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Stonagal is moving to Alberta Reply with quote

I have accepted a job in Vegreville, Alberta, beginning October 13. hfxtari and I will be moving there shortly before (exact date TBD). I'm excited for the work opportunity, but will definitely miss my home province and the caching community I've been a part of for three years. We will be back to visit often enough, I'm sure. And who knows where life will take us - we may move back someday. But for the foreseeable future Alberta will be our new home.

This leaves the matter of my Manitoba caches. I have a number of them in several parts of the province. Some will be adopted, and I will maintain ownership of a few, but many will be archived. Below are the physical caches that will live on:

- Manitoba Legends series (south of Brandon; to be adopted by Derivative)
- Manitoba "Half-Century" Challenge
- Boissevain area traditional caches
- The Pas area caches (tba, as needed, by H.erectus&Lucy)
- Cache to be Named Later
- 5,000 Days of Geocaching in Manitoba (tba by MuStash)
- "Pine to Palm" Terminus (tba by MuStash)
- Hundred Acre Wood Resurrected Once Again (tba by MuStash)
- 7 Container Types in a Day - Challenge (tba by MuStash)
- Bridge Series: Baie St. Paul (tba by bergmannfamily)
- Winnipeg Granite (tba by MuStash)

Of the rest, some will be archived between now and October 13; others, including most of the Bridge Series, will be "archived by attrition". That is, I will keep the listings active until they go missing, then archive them. I will post notes on my caches identifying that they are "on notice". (My preference would be to recover and archive them all myself, but I simply will not be able to get to them all before moving.)

So, if you have solved but not yet found Space Pilot 3000 or Greek Tomb Epsilon, or have yet to sign in on Graduated Variability Challenge, you have a limited time left to do so.

I will resign my position as Vice-President of the MBGA, and as a member of the Board, on September 17, but will continue to do stats for at least a little while.

Last edited by Stonagal on Sep 21, 2015 7:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
RainbowStarEyesOwl

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2015 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will miss you. Best of luck out there, hope the job turns out amazing!

I would be up to adopt Space Pilot 3000, Winnipeg Granite and Jonathan Stonagal
Gyrfalcon09

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck out west!

I live in Altona, and have lots of family in the Brandon area, so I head that way quite a bit. I would be more than happy to adopt your "Welcome 2" series; we were the FTF the entire series, so we know where they are.

I really liked this series, and would hate to see it archived.

Anyway, let me know. I'll maybe throw you a message through the GC website as well.

Again, all the best!
Stonagal

PostPosted: Sep 14, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the well wishes and offers to adopt caches, and the affirmation such offers convey Smile

I was never totally sure about archiving Winnipeg Granite. Since you've offered, that sounds good to me. I will still archive the other two though. (Update: for simplicity, I'm going to leave that one to MuStash as well, since he's taking over a few others of mine.)

As for the Welcome 2's, I appreciate your wanting to keep them going. I fondly remember reading your logs as you and Boomer made your way west, and the surprise when you reached Treherne and realized no one else had gone that far yet. Good times. But I've decided to retire them. Starbuck was missing, I picked up St. Claude on Friday, and the others are being picked up today by one last finder. With all that said I think it would be cool if someone did something like that again in the future.
Carl the cat

PostPosted: Oct 04, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Stonagal is moving to Alberta Reply with quote

I am willing to take over Where Does It Come From? Found it this morning and it looks in good shape
Stonagal

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the offer. I've actually decided to maintain ownership of that one going forward.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: