Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bicycle Repair

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Bicycle Repair Reply with quote

I know there are a few cachers out there using human powered vehicles in their activities and wondering if anyone could recommend a bike shop in Winnipeg to do some quick repairs on my cache mobile. Need a broken spoke repaired and tire trued. I am in town Monday thru Thursday but would prefer to get the repairs done sooner than later to allow for some bicycle caching.

Any advice greatly appreciated,

Cheers, Dragonfreys

JayPeg

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: RE: Bicycle Repair Reply with quote

Gooch's on Sherbrook do all kinds of bike repairs.

TheStuntman

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: RE: Bicycle Repair Reply with quote

Bikes and Beyond on Henderson @ Johnson

Kabuthunk

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: RE: Bicycle Repair Reply with quote

I highly recomment "WoodcZock ski and cycle" (minus the "Z") on St. Anne's road. Bought my bike there, and do any maintenance on it. My wheel was also warbled for some reason or another and they trued it so good, I'd swear it was a new wheel if it didn't have a few specific familiar scratches on the side of it :P

EDIT: And it looks like this board doesn't like the name of that particular street. Well... that's fixed (sorta) :P

-- Edited by Kabuthunk at 02:06, 2006-10-17

winnipegk5

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: RE: Bicycle Repair Reply with quote

I agree with Stuntman. The guys at Bikes and Beyond do excellent work.

Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Oct 20, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: RE: Bicycle Repair Reply with quote

Thank you all for your advice. I ended up finding a place near to where I was staying called Gord's Cycle and Ski and they did very nice work for a reasonable price. They were also convienently open until 9 pm. It was just a couple blocks NE of the Bus Stops Here cache.

Cheers, Dragonfreys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Off-Topic Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: