Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Restaurants near caches
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lizardo

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Good Restaurants near caches Reply with quote

Anybody got a good place to get some grub near a cache site?  Post your thoughts here. 

As an example, I would like to offer up The Seine River Cafe near Movie Trivia Cache and not too far from Lag Gab #1 and #2. The coordinates are 49d53.646 97d06.696.

The lizard family enjoyed a super breakfast there this morning after swimming lessons.  I strongly recommend the Hollandaise Omlette. Yumm.

Lizardo

-- Edited by Lizardo at 18:10, 2006-04-08

ThreeTs

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: RE: Good Restaurants near caches Reply with quote

Lizardo wrote:

Anybody got a good place to get some grub near a cache site?  Post your thoughts here.  As an example, I would like to offer up The Seine River Cafe near Movie Trivia Cache and not too far from Lag Gab #1 and #2. The coordinates are 49d53.646 97d06.696. The lizard family enjoyed a super breakfast there this morning after swimming lessons.  I strongly recommend the Hollandaise Omlette. Yumm. Lizardo-- Edited by Lizardo at 18:10, 2006-04-08

I second my lizard friend's recommendation of this restaurant.  The Old Country Skillet with extra Hollandaise is my personal favorite!  Great, now I've got a craving!

ertyu

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: RE: Good Restaurants near caches Reply with quote

I frequent Alfredo's in Selkirk after a day caching North of the city.

TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: RE: Good Restaurants near caches Reply with quote

How's about Nick's Inn at 5392 Portage Ave in Headingley? Fairly handy for all those Beaudry Park caches. Good truck stop food, but what you'll remember is the service!

TheStuntman

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: RE: Good Restaurants near caches Reply with quote

After a long day of caching near Grand beach, Mars hills, Nopiming, Birds hill park or anywhere else in the northeast Jonsey's resturant in the town of Birdshill is a great place to stop.

Even when we're not caching my family will go there every couple of months.

Did I mention they are licenced.

mlkoop

PostPosted: Apr 15, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: RE: Good Restaurants near caches Reply with quote

When we come back from the Whiteshell, we usually stop in at the SS Truck Stop just east of Richer, coords 49 39.712 96 21.999.  They may be a little short on atomsphere, but the portions are huge and the price's right.

junglehair

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: RE: Good Restaurants near caches Reply with quote

If you are caching in the St. Vital area of Winnipeg, I highly recommend checking out George's Inn and Submarine just north of St. Vital Center.  Especially their chicken souvlaki dinner - very yummy.  And if you want something fancier, try Maxime's next door.  Great food at reasonable prices.  They don't take reservations though, so get their early - the place is usually packed.

slippery_1

PostPosted: May 06, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: RE: Good Restaurants near caches Reply with quote

If you are in the North specificaly The Pas  try "Fat boys" Restaurant. Great burgers, busy little mom & pop restaurant. More fine dining can be the Kikiwak Inn or Good Times, but be warned you have to have time because the service is a little slow. Bon appetite.

ertyu

PostPosted: May 15, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: RE: Good Restaurants near caches Reply with quote

Lizardo and myself tried Europa in Gimli today. Very large portions, very good.

bevro

PostPosted: May 17, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: RE: Good Restaurants near caches Reply with quote

I was doing some caching in the St. Vital Mall area recentlyand George's Inn on St. Mary's popped into mind.  You have to be hungry, big portions.  They have a great breakfast special on Sunday mornings as well.

ertyu

PostPosted: May 18, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: RE: Good Restaurants near caches Reply with quote

Maxime's next door is pretty darn good aswell. A few more doors down, Diane's Gourment Pizza.

1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: May 26, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: RE: Good Restaurants near caches Reply with quote

Umm Wilson's Cafe in Morris near our Mrs. Wilson's Ghost cache - the soups are fabulous and our kids love the burgers. It is an old fashioned small town diner with a history to match.

-- Edited by 1queenand4jokers at 18:17, 2006-05-26

lizardo

PostPosted: May 28, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: RE: Good Restaurants near caches Reply with quote

1queenand4jokers wrote:

Umm Wilson's Cafe in Morris near our Mrs. Wilson's Ghost cache - the soups are fabulous and our kids love the burgers. It is an old fashioned small town diner with a history to match.-- Edited by 1queenand4jokers at 18:17, 2006-05-26

Is the food haunted, or served by spirits?  Or <shudder> ZOMBIES?  Cuz that would freak me out.

Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Jun 19, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: RE: Good Restaurants near caches Reply with quote

Lux Sole 726 Osborne proved to be a good recommendation from friends, its around $20 a plate for good pasta, and spiting distance from CITO 4, Sudoku Churchill Dr., Park Pulley and another puzzle I can't recall at the moment. Not overly kid friendly though, had to go for a couple of walks with ours to keep him happy, although caching between courses isn't so bad  

grnbrg

PostPosted: Jul 19, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: RE: Good Restaurants near caches Reply with quote

Since they deliver, I guess they're near most city caches....

Diana's Gourmet Pizzeria

1119 St. Mary's Rd, 954-7858

Their pizza chef has won top honours in Canada for the last two years running. And the product bears that out. Some of the best pizza I've ever had.

The bad news? Quality does not come cheap -- 2 12" medium pizzas will run you $50. But it's worth it.

grnbrg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Off-Topic Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: