Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top 10 Found Manitoba Caches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter and Gloria

PostPosted: Mar 24, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Top 10 Found Manitoba Caches Reply with quote

Although this list has only active caches, archived caches that have at least as many finds as the 10th cahce, should receive Honerable Mentions.

By my count: East Gate Cache had 119 Finders and By The Riverside (the original) had 67 Finders.

dani_carriere

PostPosted: Mar 30, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: RE: Top 10 Found Manitoba Caches Reply with quote

Thanks Peter, I can add them.   Are these caches still available on gc.com?  Or will I have to rely on the cache owners to let me know?

Peter and Gloria

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: RE: Top 10 Found Manitoba Caches Reply with quote

As archived caches, the data is still on GC.com; but  it's just harder to get to.

One way is to to search by GC#.  East Gate is GC5DC2 & By The Riverside is GCGBY4.

Another way is to look at the hider's profile (if you know who hide it) or look at someone's profile who found it.  I noticed you had found East Gate as well as The Courts (which looks like 84 finds; 93 total logs minus 9 "other" logs). 

How did you calculate the finds on all the other caches. Do you have some software help?

You can ask caches to submit their cache (archived or not) if it has enough finds to make the list.

-- Edited by Peter and Gloria at 07:53, 2005-03-31

dani_carriere

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: RE: Top 10 Found Manitoba Caches Reply with quote

The first time through I went to every single active MB cache and compiled a list of finds.  Since then, I've got a program that reads an up-to-date gpx file of all MB caches and tracks if they've had any finds since the last time I checked.  Then I just add those numbers to the original.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: