Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Permissions to use Our Logo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Oct 28, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Permissions to use Our Logo Reply with quote

We've been checking out many options for a personal 1Q4J coin made from metal/wood etc but have been told that we need permission from the President of the MBGA to use the MBGA logo. Can you or would you upload some type of permission such as this that we could use to link to these agencies. A limited use perhaps so that we can get items made (who are members) but that they (the company) can't resell?

The logo itself will end up being somewhat modified simple lines of course.
Currently we are leaning toward a lazered wooden coin for about a 1.00 apiece when duty/taxes are done. We are continuing our research.

If the MBGA had a small metal coin created we would be interested in purchasing as well but since our province is small...I have priced some out for roughly 1.40 each per 1000 which isn't too bad. But I don't know if we have that kind of market yet with the amount of cachers in Manitoba. I am also talking to someone (a coin maker) who thinks he can create one for under a 1.00 with a cheaper metal. I told him about the caching community and he was aware of it.

grnbrg

PostPosted: Oct 31, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: RE: Permissions to use Our Logo Reply with quote

1queenand4jokers wrote:

If the MBGA had a small metal coin created we would be interested in purchasing as well but since our province is small...I have priced some out for roughly 1.40 each per 1000 which isn't too bad.

I just finished ordering a bunch of jackets for a different club I'm in, and the company I dealt with has some interesting products with low or no minimum orders that might be interesting...

• 1 1/4" Pewter economy coins, with a logo on both sides.

• 250 coins, stamped with sequential numbers -- $1.88 each

• 100 coins, stamped with sequential numbers -- $2.99 each

• 1 3/4" Pewter coins with a two colour logo on one side, and a non-coloured logo on the second side.
    • 100 coins, stamped with sequential numbers -- $6.35 each

Costs do not include taxes, and haven't been confirmed. Flip side logo could be the Geocache.com logo, a second copy of the the MBGA logo, or one or both web addresses. There are other items in the catalog the above links reference. I've got nothing but good things to say about Xpressions Embroidery.

If there is sufficient interest (and not to step on the Queen's toes!) I'd be happy to arrange a minting (?) of these coins. For myself, I'd be happy to spend $20-$30 on a bagfull -- so 10-20 of the cheaper coins, or maybe 5 of the coloured ones.

Is there any (serious) interest?

grnbrg@grnbrg.org

1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Nov 02, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: RE: Permissions to use Our Logo Reply with quote

The following was a quote I got from the U.S. for a double MBGA stamped coin...I like Grnbrgs price with numbering much much better!!!
At the pewter economy price with numbering we'd buy a 50-100 I imagine...To start with I'd love to have more coins rather than expensive ones...But that is because we have such a small group of cachers yet... The below is for comparison...The lower the mintage of course the more "valuable" they become to collectors. Open up for orders on the Groundspeak forum and I'm certain we'd pre-sell quite a few!

Hi,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide you with a quote for your coin.

Our polished finishes are free and the first 4 colors are free.

SPECS: 1.5” diameter, polished finish, no color

$134.00 for 25 coins

$140.00 for 2 each 2-D dies

$ 29.95 for shipping

------------

$303.95 total for 25 coins ($12.16 per coin)

$153.00 for 50 coins

$ 29.95 for shipping

------------

$322.95 total for 50 coins ($6.46 per coin)

$206.00 for 100 coins

$ 32.00 for shipping

------------

$378.00 total for 100 coins ($3.78 per coin)

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Tess Weed

www.CoinsAndPins.com

Aaron Charles Promotions

1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Nov 02, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: RE: Permissions to use Our Logo Reply with quote

I did as mentioned above price some WOODEN coins out for roughly 1.40 each per 1000 which isn't too bad. Sadly I can't find that link currently but that was U.S. funds so does not compare to grnbrgs price - we better get those while we can! Sorry I wasn't clear...Sometimes when one emails one writes as one talks , interupting ones own thoughts...

-- Edited by 1queenand4jokers at 18:23, 2005-11-01

-- Edited by 1queenand4jokers at 19:00, 2005-11-01

1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Nov 02, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: RE: Permissions to use Our Logo Reply with quote

Umm since its grnbrgs price but I'm the first to respond can I request MBGA coin#2 and #50? The rest don't matter to me! At 2 bucks apiece I'd safely say we'd order a minimum of 50...

grnbrg

PostPosted: Nov 02, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: RE: Permissions to use Our Logo Reply with quote

1queenand4jokers wrote:

Umm since its grnbrgs price but I'm the first to respond can I request MBGA coin#2 and #50? The rest don't matter to me! At 2 bucks apiece I'd safely say we'd order a minimum of 50...

Just to make sure I'm not making promises I can't keep -- the $2/per is based on Xpressions' web-catalogue, and my experience with them ordering jackets. I could be way off-base on the cost.

As far as reserving numbers, I'll leave that open to discussion, but if it ends up allowed, I get first dibs. Probably #1, #13 and #17.

grnbrg

ThreeTs

PostPosted: Nov 02, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: RE: Permissions to use Our Logo Reply with quote

grnbrg wrote:

1queenand4jokers wrote: Umm since its grnbrgs price but I'm the first to respond can I request MBGA coin#2 and #50? The rest don't matter to me! At 2 bucks apiece I'd safely say we'd order a minimum of 50... Just to make sure I'm not making promises I can't keep -- the $2/per is based on Xpressions' web-catalogue, and my experience with them ordering jackets. I could be way off-base on the cost. As far as reserving numbers, I'll leave that open to discussion, but if it ends up allowed, I get first dibs. Probably #1, #13 and #17. grnbrg

Now hey, wait just one minute here!!  I emailed grnbrg privately so I should be second dibs!!!  Just kidding!

Tee hee!

TheStuntman

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: RE: Permissions to use Our Logo Reply with quote

If your taking orders for MBGA coins, I think it's a great idea. Put me down for 10 coins. Could I get sequential numbers from #90 - #99 ?? When do you need payment? Method? Delivery?

The-Stuntman

grnbrg

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: RE: Permissions to use Our Logo Reply with quote

TheStuntman wrote:

If your taking orders for MBGA coins, I think it's a great idea. Put me down for 10 coins. Could I get sequential numbers from #90 - #99 ?? When do you need payment? Method? Delivery?
The-Stuntman

I'm gaugeing interest right now. If there is sufficient interest (and there appears to be -- I've got confirmed interest in around 100 coins at ~$2.00 each) I'll look at moving forward.

I've requested a firmer price quote, and have emailed Geocaching.com regarding use of their logo. Once I have a firm idea of price, I'll look at the design.

Method of payment also needs to be worked out, and may depend on who writes the cheque to the company. If it's going through my account, I'll probably want people to pre-pay. I'm going to do the order at cost. Delivery will be "Tim Hortens at X°N, Y°W on Saturday afternoon, otherwise drop me an email to work things out.".

I'm happy to reserve specific numbers for people, as long as it doesn't get nasty. If people start arguing or there are large numbers of requests for duplicate numbers, everything goes into a bag, and you get what you get. Seem fair?

grnbrg

1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: RE: Permissions to use Our Logo Reply with quote

As soon as you get a firmer price we should get Dani to do an email out to all MBGA members and Manitoba cachers, since not all cachers read the forums on a regular basis (if at all).

-- Edited by 1queenand4jokers at 21:47, 2005-11-02

lizardo

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: RE: Permissions to use Our Logo Reply with quote

So far this seems to be the place to register interest.  If this goes ahead, I would like to get 20 coins myself.  It looks like 100 coins may not be enough!  I'm not particularly fussy about numbers.   Thanks!

Lizardo

Peter and Gloria

PostPosted: Nov 04, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: RE: Permissions to use Our Logo Reply with quote

A word of caution.

When you talk about numbered coins, do you assume that these would be trackable (as GeoCoins) through Geocahing.com? I don't think it is that easy.

Also don't assume that you can easily use the Geocaching.com logo.

We would be interested in buying 5 coins.

grnbrg

PostPosted: Nov 04, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: RE: Permissions to use Our Logo Reply with quote

Peter and Gloria wrote:

A word of caution.
When you talk about numbered coins, do you assume that these would be trackable (as GeoCoins) through Geocahing.com? I don't think it is that easy.
Also don't assume that you can easily use the Geocaching.com logo.

We would be interested in buying 5 coins.

Nope, haven't bet the farm on either of these. You can get travel bug numbers in bulk for coins from Geocaching.com (or at least traffic in thier forums so indicate) but you need to order large quantities (Over 1000 or so) at once, and the cost is (I think) around US$1 per. You'd also need to have these specific numbers (which may not be sequential) engraved or stamped on the coins. No idea what the additional cost for this would be. In any event, it would probably triple or more the cost of the coins. Not likely.

I've sent them an email asking about the logo use. Either they will say "Yes.", "Yes for $$/per." or "No." If it doesn't push the price too high, we can use it. Otherwise, we put something else on the flip side.

We'd also need written permission from the MBGA to use their logo, which is where this thread started. I suspect it will be easier to get, though...

grnbrg.

1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Nov 05, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: RE: Permissions to use Our Logo Reply with quote

Perhaps we could use the MBGA website to track our coins if we put them out there.... Check out the NNYGeo Coin website at http://log4.us/nnygeo They are tracking their own wooden nickels , which they minted 1000 of for about 100.00 U.S. Cheap, fun and interesting.
They have an effective html code that Dani could probably easily create or improve on but I don't want her to spend every spare moment on web design either...
At 1.00 extra a coin for the Geocaching logo we'd severely limit our expenditures and go with something more signature and less costly. Too much money.
But one can always try.

Capt Redbeard

PostPosted: Nov 05, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: RE: Permissions to use Our Logo Reply with quote

I'd be interested in buying some. Numbers don't mater to me. Tracking would be good but not a nesesity. I think it would be cool to place coins in other provinces or countries to promote our web site and province to other cachers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: