Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Christmas party?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grnbrg

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Christmas party? Reply with quote

I'm already busy organizing something else, so maybe someone else might want to grab this...

Is there interest in a Christmas/holiday gathering of some sort? Book a large room at Tony Romas or some place like that, and eat/drink/visit...

I'm up for attending if someone else wants to do the hard work.

grnbrg
ThreeTs

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: RE: Christmas party? Reply with quote

Am up for this, would even organize but don't want to step on anyone's toes.  Mentioned something similar to Dani a bit ago and am waiting to hear back!  I know, I know, real life sure does get in the way!

If any member of the MBGA committee could let me know if this is okay to go ahead and organize, I will start the ball rolling!

Must cache...or talk about caching at least...

junglehair

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: RE: Christmas party? Reply with quote

I would love to see this occur between December 22 and January 2 since those are the dates that I will be in Winnipeg. I understand that it is a very busy time for most people though, so if it can't happen then, that's ok too.  Just my wishful thinking.

ThreeTs

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: RE: Christmas party? Reply with quote

junglehair wrote:

I would love to see this occur between December 22 and January 2 since those are the dates that I will be in Winnipeg. I understand that it is a very busy time for most people though, so if it can't happen then, that's ok too.  Just my wishful thinking.

If I go ahead and plan this, will keep these dates in mind, likely after the 25th!  After all, we aim to please.  We do, don't we?

MHz

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: RE: Christmas party? Reply with quote

Well in order to plan something like this, it's always a good idea to have a guestimate of how many people are attending. In that, I can add 2 to the list of attendees. Me and Gord from Morris.

I'd actually like to see this type of thing happen more often. The Calgary group has one once a month. A different cacher gets elected to do the next month's get together. Maybe we don't have enough members yet but every 2-3 months or just in the winter months to keeps us all going would work.

I need to do some caching or some sort of caching event soon or I think I will go crazy! This being week 3 of my cold, I'm getting quite anxious to get back out there!
MHz

ertyu

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: RE: Christmas party? Reply with quote

I'd love to see a get together.

And any other winter events to keep busy.

grnbrg

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: RE: Christmas party? Reply with quote

Glad to see there's interest here. Count me in for attending. I'm happy to chip $5 or so if the location is some place that has a rental fee.

It'd probably best if a date and location was picked *soon* -- this week or early next, so that an event cache can be placed on GC.com. Also, places like restaurants are filling up fast with other parties. We'd probably need space for 50 people or so, judging by the numbers at the barbecue in October.

Anyone have a big house?

grnbrg
TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: RE: Christmas party? Reply with quote

I'm up for a party!

junglehair

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: RE: Christmas party? Reply with quote

My vote would be for Thursday, December 29.  How about somewhere at The Forks?  It's central for everyone and there's actually places to park.  Muddy Waters perhaps?  Or I see The Old Spaghetti Factory has moved in there as well.

Edit:  Forgot to add that there would likely be 7 or 8 of us there (me, The Old Bat, Geo_Kitten, Marvin_From_Mars, Sour Puss, Mugga, ImAlwaysLost, and CrankyPants) Ok, so I've dragged my whole family into this game!

-- Edited by junglehair at 14:52, 2005-11-30

ThreeTs

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: RE: Christmas party? Reply with quote

junglehair wrote:

My vote would be for Thursday, December 29.  How about somewhere at The Forks?  It's central for everyone and there's actually places to park.  Muddy Waters perhaps?  Or I see The Old Spaghetti Factory has moved in there as well. Edit:  Forgot to add that there would likely be 7 or 8 of us there (me, The Old Bat, Geo_Kitten, Marvin_From_Mars, Sour Puss, Mugga, ImAlwaysLost, and CrankyPants) Ok, so I've dragged my whole family into this game!-- Edited by junglehair at 14:52, 2005-11-30

Hi Junglehair,

Please vote at the poll under the "Caching" heading.  Unfortunately the 29th is not an option.  It's my husband's birthday and I would most definitely not be able to attend (and would not really be interested in organizing something I can't attend).  The Forks would definitely be an option as well and as for your whole family, the more the merrier!!

junglehair

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: RE: Christmas party? Reply with quote

ThreeTs wrote:

Hi Junglehair, Please vote at the poll under the "Caching" heading.  Unfortunately the 29th is not an option.  It's my husband's birthday and I would most definitely not be able to attend (and would not really be interested in organizing something I can't attend).  The Forks would definitely be an option as well and as for your whole family, the more the merrier!!

Oops, totally missed that thread - thanks! 

Master Instigator

PostPosted: Dec 02, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: RE: Christmas party? Reply with quote

That sounds like a great idea to me as well!  I am always up to going out meet some awesome people and have a good brew

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: